Extraordinary growth leads to extraordinary things
RN-to-BSN Program—online or on campus
Waynesburg University’s fully online RN-to-BSN program is designed specifically to meet the needs of working RNs who are motivated to meet personal educational goals and want to enhance their career options. Our program is structured in a user-friendly format that allows students to balance work and family responsibilities with school-related efforts.
Waynesburg University’s RN-to-BSN program includes:
• Faculty members recognized as experts in their fields
• Nursing faculty mentors motivating and supporting students throughout the program
• Academic support services in writing, math, and computer skills
• Online or on campus
• Full-time or part-time program options
• Classes begin year-round each fall, spring, and summer semester
• Courses offered one night a week from 6:00–10:00 pm
• Courses offered online and at various learning centers in the Pittsburgh region
• Competitive rates with no hidden fees
• Financial aid available with complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid at fafsa.ed.gov
• Current USA RN license
• Official transcripts from a state-approved Nursing program
• Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or greater
• Completed application:
- Online at waynesburg.edu/apply-now
- Current résumé
- Two reference forms
The baccalaureate degree in Nursing, the master’s degree in Nursing, and the Doctor of Nursing Practice at Waynesburg University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036; 202-887-6791. Transfer scholarships are not applicable to the RN-to-BSN program.
Waynesburg University, a private Christian university near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, provides a valuable, personal, hands-on educational experience that prepares undergraduate and graduate students for lives of purpose and continued growth.
Grow in knowledge
Waynesburg offers more than 70 major concentrations and five integrated bachelor’s-to-master’s programs in Athletic Training, Business, Counseling, Criminal Investigation, and Education. The University also offers graduate programs, with some available 100% online. The University’s top academic programs include Business, Communication, Criminal Justice, Education, and Forensic Science.
Ninety-seven percent of 2016 graduates reported working full time or attending graduate school within one year of graduation. The Career Services Center works to ensure the successful transition from college to career for each student, offering assistance with everything from résumé composition and interview skills to job fairs and employer networking opportunities.
What makes Waynesburg truly special, though, is that its academics are not just about classes. They’re the foundation for a culture of growth, championed through academic excellence and personalized guidance that nurtures each student’s mind, spirit, and future. Our undergraduate programs accelerate student growth through hands-on learning, research, internships, leadership work, service trips, and career planning.
Grow in grace
Waynesburg helps students develop academically and professionally on the foundation of faith. Faith is an integral part of the University’s mission, and students have the opportunity to discuss theory and application of faith in their professions. Students may choose to practice their faith every Tuesday at Chapel, in their classes, in prayer or Bible study groups, through their artwork, while they’re serving others, or in their own individual ways.
Grow through service
While guiding students in the development of specific skills and talents, Waynesburg also provides opportunities to apply and sharpen them through service. Service opportunities include service learning courses, international and domestic mission trips, the Bonner Program, and personal service initiatives, among others.
Waynesburg University is recognized as one of the best colleges in the region and offers one of the most affordable private educations in the nation.
Consistently ranked as a top value school, Waynesburg has emerged as a national leader in educational value. Most recently, the University was named to Money magazine’s 2017–2018 “Best Colleges for Your Money” list, ranking in the top 7% nationwide.
More than 90% of students receive some form of financial aid each year, and Waynesburg University’s tuition, room, and board is more than $10,000 below the national average for private nonprofit four-year colleges. Transfer students may be eligible for various scholarships ranging from $3,000–$8,000.
• The Transfer Honor Scholarship, worth $8,000, is awarded to students who have achieved a cumulative GPA of 3.5–4.0 at the most recent college/university they’ve attended.
• The Transfer Scholarship, worth $6,000, is awarded to students who have achieved a cumulative GPA of 3.0–3.49 at the most recent college/university they’ve attended.
• The Transfer Opportunity Award, worth $3,000, is awarded to students who have achieved a cumulative GPA of 2.5–2.99 at the most recent college/university they’ve attended.
Scholarships are reduced for students not living on campus. The required GPAs listed above must be attained through at least 12 credits of non-remedial 100+ level courses.
Visit and apply today
Schedule a visit at waynesburg.edu/visit, and start your application online at waynesburg.edu/apply.