Waynesburg University, a private Christian university in southwestern Pennsylvania, provides a valuable, personal, and hands-on educational experience that prepares undergraduate and graduate students for lives of purpose.
RN to BSN Program—online or on campus
Waynesburg University’s fully online RN to BSN program is designed specifically to meet the needs of working RNs who are motivated to meet personal educational goals and want to enhance their career options. Our program is structured in a user-friendly format that allows you to balance your work and family responsibilities with your school-related efforts.
Waynesburg University’s RN to BSN program includes:
• Nursing faculty mentors who motivate and support you throughout the program
• Faculty members who are recognized experts in their fields
• Academic support services in writing, math, and computer skills
• Online or on campus
• Full-time or part-time program options
• Classes begin year round in each fall, spring, and summer semester
• Courses offered one night a week from 6:00–10:00 pm
• Courses offered online and at various learning centers in the Pittsburgh region
• Competitive rates with no hidden fees
• Financial aid is available; complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid at fafsa.ed.gov
1. Current USA RN license
2. Official transcripts from a state-approved Nursing program
3. Cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or greater
4. Completed application
• Complete online at waynesburg.edu/apply-now
• Attach current résumé
• Submit two reference forms
The baccalaureate degree in Nursing, the master’s degree in Nursing, and the Doctor of Nursing Practice at Waynesburg University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, 202-887-6791. Transfer scholarships are not applicable to the RN to BSN program.
Waynesburg offers more than 70 major concentrations and four integrated bachelor’s-to-master’s programs in Business, Counseling, Criminal Investigation, and Education. The University’s top academic programs include Business, Communication, Criminal Justice, Education, and Forensic Science.
Waynesburg’s accredited Department of Business Administration offers an Accounting major with focuses in Forensic and Public Accounting, and a Business Administration major with options to focus on Entrepreneurship, Finance, International Business, Management, Marketing, and Sports Management.
Offering programs in Advertising, Electronic Media, Journalism, Sports Broadcasting, Sports Information, Digital Design, and Public Relations, the University’s Department of Communication is committed to providing students with real-world experiences. Opportunities include writing for the award-winning student newspaper, hosting a radio show on WCYJ-FM, and producing live and recorded television programs for WCTV.
Whether learning to collect evidence, writing an affidavit of probable cause, or understanding the use of force continuum, probation, and corrections, students in the Criminal Justice Program benefit from hands-on experiences. Students have access to unique opportunities, including participating in CSI Camp, mock crime scenes, and mock raids and trials.
Education is changing at all levels, and the demand is high for dedicated teachers and administrators. Whether your career focus is Early Childhood, Elementary/Middle Level, Secondary, and/or Special Education, Waynesburg affords students a solid academic foundation and the hands-on experiences necessary to be successful in the field.
The Forensic Science Program integrates several different disciplines to create an exciting, challenging curriculum that is on the leading edge of technology, and its students experience the reality of a forensic science career through hands-on application. Experts in the field are a part of the classroom experience through special presentations and lectures. Students make valuable internship connections in state and local agencies, labs, and private organizations.
Waynesburg’s tuition, room, and board are more than $10,000 below the national average for private, nonprofit four-year colleges. Transfer students are eligible for various scholarships, ranging from $3,000–$8,000.
• The Transfer Honor Scholarship, worth $8,000, is awarded to students who have achieved a cumulative GPA of 3.5–4.0 at their most recent college/university attended.
• The Transfer Scholarship, worth $6,000, is awarded to students who have achieved a cumulative GPA of 3.0–3.49 at their most recent college/university attended.
• The Transfer Opportunity Award, worth $3,000, is awarded to students who have achieved a cumulative GPA of 2.5–2.99 at their most recent college/university attended.
Scholarships are reduced for students not living on campus. The required GPAs listed above must be attained through at least 12 credits of non-remedial 100+ level courses.
The Career Services Center works to ensure the successful transition from college to career for each student. The Center assists with everything from résumé composition to interviewing skills and offers job and internship fairs, one-on-one career coaching, mock interviews, and employer networking opportunities. Ninety-eight percent of 2015 graduates reported working full time or attending graduate school within one year of graduation.
Visit and apply today
Take your first steps toward your future at Waynesburg University. Schedule a visit at waynesburg.edu/visit and apply online at waynesburg.edu/apply.