Lawrence Technological University
Possible is Everything.
Innovative programs, small classes
Lawrence Technological University is a private, approximately 3,000-student university that offers about 100 innovative programs in the Colleges of Architecture and Design, Arts and Sciences, Business and Information Technology, and Engineering.
As an ambitious, talented student, you will appreciate small class sizes taught by faculty with industry savvy and an exceptional focus on theory and practice. Once here, you’ll see why Lawrence Tech is ranked among the nation’s best universities by U.S. News & World Report and The Princeton Review.
Boost your earning potential
With a degree from LTU, you can position yourself as a high-income earner. The Brookings Institution ranks Lawrence Tech fifth among US colleges and universities for boosting graduates’ earning potential. Not only that, PayScale.com reports alumni salaries are in the top 11% nationally. Ninety-five percent of students are employed or grad school bound—above the national average.
Technology and location to help you succeed
Lawrence Tech helps you grow in personal and professional ways and provides the tools you’ll need in a technology-driven world. Your high-end LTU laptop will be loaded with industry-standard software—worth an average of $75,000—a benefit you’ll only get at LTU. ltu.edu/ltuzone
You’ll also benefit from the University’s location in the dynamic suburb of Southfield, Michigan, with hundreds of Fortune 500 and international companies nearby. LTU’s unique location provides opportunities for co-ops, internships, and professional development in a region with one of the largest concentrations of engineering, architecture, and technology jobs in the world.
Hands-on experience, global opportunities
LTU offers remarkable hands-on experience with projects, competitions, and applied research partnerships. You may enter a variety of intercollegiate competitions that focus on the design and/or construction of supermileage vehicles, electric motorcycles, and Baja vehicles. If going fast is your thing, the Blue Devil Motorsports teams design, build, and race Formula-style vehicles.
Lawrence Tech also promotes global experience with a study abroad program that includes partnerships with universities in Asia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, Mexico, and the Middle East.
Growing with new labs and programs
LTU has four residence halls with pod, dorm, and apartment-style living that feature the latest in green technologies and a design that focuses on community engagement. Over 1,000 students live on campus and enjoy an expanded dining center with healthy food options. Utilities, Wi-Fi, basic cable TV, and parking are included in residence hall fees.
The University also offers more than 60 student clubs and organizations, including fraternities, sororities, honor societies, and student chapters of professional groups. New labs have been added in robotics, engineering, and biotech.
You can also play sports at LTU—the University offers men’s and women’s sports, including NAIA, ACHA, and USBC varsity and junior varsity athletics in men’s and women’s basketball, bowling, cross-country, golf, ice hockey, lacrosse, soccer, tennis, track and field, and volleyball as well as women’s softball and men’s baseball and football. Alternatively, you may show your Blue Devil spirit as a member of the marching band, dance, cheerleading, or esports team. ltuathletics.com
Financial aid and more
Ninety-six percent of first-year students receive financial assistance. The average annual need-based aid package is $23,699. Part-time employment is available for full-time students. Student loans are also available from a variety of sources. Contact LTU Financial Aid for deadlines and requirements. ltu.edu/financial_aid
#33 among the 2022-2023 Best Regional Universities-Midwest | U.S. News & World Report
One of “America’s Top Colleges” | Forbes
One of the nation’s best institutions for undergraduates | Princeton Review
• Over 6,000 jobs are posted annually for LTU students and graduates.
• A national leader in STEM education, students benefitting from a theory and practice approach
• 11:1 student-faculty ratio
• Approximately 3,000 students, representing 37 states and 50 countries
• High-tech, wireless, and commuter friendly, 107-acre campus with recreation, housing, and meal service options
• Students receiving high-end laptop loaded with industry-standard software—retailing at over $75,000 on average
• Dynamic campus life, NAIA sports, and leading-edge programs in Architecture, Design, Engineering, Science, Business, and Applied Technology
• Co-ops and internships abound making Blue Devils indispensable to their industries and earning some of the highest alumni salaries in the United States, according to PayScale
• Average starting salary for graduates of $61,600, with the mid-career salary of $111,100, according to PayScale
• Over 300 companies visiting campus to recruit students in a typical year
ARCHITECTURE AND DESIGN
• Architecture Direct Entry (combined bachelor’s-to-master’s program)
• Game Design
• Graphic Design
• Interior Design
• Product Design
ARTS AND SCIENCES
• Computer Science
- Artificial Intelligence
- Business Software Development
- Game Software Development
- Scientific Software Development
- Software Engineering
• Computer Science Direct Entry (combined bachelor’s-to-master’s program)
• General Studies**
• Mathematical Sciences
- Actuarial Science
- Applied Science
• Mathematics & Computer Science
• Media Communication
- Film, Television & Video Production
• Physics & Computer Science
- General & Applied
• Technological Humanities
BUSINESS AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
• Business Administration
- General Business
- Information Technology
• Business Data Analytics
• Information Technology
• Architectural Engineering (combined bachelor’s-to-master’s program)
• Architecture + Civil Engineering (combined Bachelor's-to-Master's program)
• Audio Engineering Technology
• Biomedical Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Civil Engineering & Architecture
• Computer Engineering
• Construction Engineering Technology & Management
• Electrical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Power Engineering
• Embedded Software Engineering
• Engineering Technology
• Industrial Engineering
• Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering Technology
• Mechanical Engineering
- Alternative Energy
- Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
- Solid Mechanics
- Thermal Fluids
• Robotics Engineering
• Healthcare Administration
** Associate degree
Many programs are available in the evenings or online. For a full list of master’s and doctoral programs, visit ltu.edu/academicsandmajors.