Lawrence Technological University
At Lawrence Tech, possible is everything
Innovative programs, small classes
Lawrence Technological University is a nearly 3,000-student private university that offers about 100 innovative programs in the Colleges of Architecture and Design, Arts and Sciences, Business and Information Technology, and Engineering.
With small classes taught by faculty with industry savvy and exceptional focus on theory and practice, Lawrence Tech is ranked among the nation’s best universities by U.S. News & World Report and The Princeton Review. The University can also prepare you for a variety of health care professions, including the growing fields of nursing, biomedical engineering, and more.
LTU’s Bachelor of Science in Nursing offers a true academic practice-partnership program with Ascension Michigan health system. Start your Nursing classes on day one in LTU’s direct-admit program, then get professional experience while rotating through six hospital locations where you’ll learn from health care professionals in real-world settings. LTU’s new 2,400-sq. ft. teaching laboratory also provides on-campus opportunities to practice hands-on health care skills—like inserting gastric tubes and IV lines, making sterile dressing changes, and more—in a setting that simulates a clinical environment with an intensive care unit and hospital triage.
Lawrence Tech’s Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering allows you to develop and improve assistive technologies and disease treatments, from imaging equipment to artificial joints. Using new laboratory equipment, you can build microscopic machines to diagnose and treat diseases. You will also have opportunities to work closely with nonprofits and the Department of Veteran Affairs to build devices that directly improve the lives of people with disabilities.
LTU’s Bachelor of Science in Chemical Biology is the first of its kind in the Midwest and one of only a handful of similar undergraduate programs in the United States. If you choose this path, you’ll have many career options in fields such as medical technology, forensic science, pharmaceuticals, research and development, and more. Want to tackle big issues by exploring small units? Consider LTU’s Bachelor of Science in Molecular and Cell Biology program. This degree gives you a wide range of career options. You could find yourself working on some of the most serious biological problems society currently faces such as climate change, toxic waste, the aging process, and more.
Lawrence Tech’s Pre-dental and Pre-medical programs can prepare you for a bright future in medicine. Whether you plan to enter medical, dental, or veterinary school, Lawrence Tech’s challenging core curriculum—anchored in science, mathematics, and technology—can help you develop your ability to think critically and express yourself clearly and convincingly. Additionally, Lawrence Tech has an agreement with Michigan State University’s College of Human Medicine, which provides positions for LTU pre-medical students at MSU’s medical school.
Student life, sports, and tools that make a difference
At Lawrence Tech, there are also lots of ways to have fun. You can join one of LTU’s more than 60 student clubs and organizations, play a sport on one of LTU’s men’s or women’s athletic teams, or cheer them on as a memberof the marching band or dance team. LTU invests in your success while you are here by giving undergrads a high-end LTU laptop loaded with industry-standard software—worth an average of $75,000—a benefit you’ll only get at LTU.
Over 80% of students receive financial assistance. The average annual need-based financial aid package is $23,699. Several scholarships are available based on athletic and academic merit as well as other specialized areas. Part-time employment is available on a first come, first served basis for full-time students. And student loans are available from a variety of sources. Learn more about LTU Financial Aid deadlines and requirements at ltu.edu/financial_aid.
#33 among the 2022-2023 Best Regional Universities-Midwest | U.S. News & World Report
One of “America’s Top Colleges” | Forbes
One of the nation’s best institutions for undergraduates | Princeton Review
• Over 6,000 jobs are posted annually for LTU students and graduates.
• A national leader in STEM education, students benefitting from a theory and practice approach
• 11:1 student-faculty ratio
• Approximately 3,000 students, representing 37 states and 50 countries
• High-tech, wireless, and commuter friendly, 107-acre campus with recreation, housing, and meal service options
• Students receiving high-end laptop loaded with industry-standard software—retailing at over $75,000 on average
• Dynamic campus life, NAIA sports, and leading-edge programs in Architecture, Design, Engineering, Science, Business, and Applied Technology
• Co-ops and internships abound making Blue Devils indispensable to their industries and earning some of the highest alumni salaries in the United States, according to PayScale
• Average starting salary for graduates of $61,600, with the mid-career salary of $111,100, according to PayScale
• Over 300 companies visiting campus to recruit students in a typical year
ARCHITECTURE AND DESIGN
• Architecture Direct Entry (combined bachelor’s-to-master’s program)
• Game Design
• Graphic Design
• Interior Design
• Product Design
ARTS AND SCIENCES
• Computer Science
- Artificial Intelligence
- Business Software Development
- Game Software Development
- Scientific Software Development
- Software Engineering
• Computer Science Direct Entry (combined bachelor’s-to-master’s program)
• General Studies**
• Mathematical Sciences
- Actuarial Science
- Applied Science
• Mathematics & Computer Science
• Media Communication
- Film, Television & Video Production
• Physics & Computer Science
- General & Applied
• Technological Humanities
BUSINESS AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
• Business Administration
- General Business
- Information Technology
• Business Data Analytics
• Information Technology
• Architectural Engineering (combined bachelor’s-to-master’s program)
• Architecture + Civil Engineering (combined Bachelor's-to-Master's program)
• Audio Engineering Technology
• Biomedical Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Civil Engineering & Architecture
• Computer Engineering
• Construction Engineering Technology & Management
• Electrical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Power Engineering
• Embedded Software Engineering
• Engineering Technology
• Industrial Engineering
• Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering Technology
• Mechanical Engineering
- Alternative Energy
- Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
- Solid Mechanics
- Thermal Fluids
• Robotics Engineering
• Healthcare Administration
** Associate degree
Many programs are available in the evenings or online. For a full list of master’s and doctoral programs, visit ltu.edu/academicsandmajors.