Rigorous academics and acclaimed faculty
300+ majors and minors available across 10 schools and colleges:
• College of Arts & Sciences
• College of Communication
• College of Engineering
• College of Fine Arts
• College of General Studies
• College of Health & Rehabilitation Sciences: Sargent College
• Frederick S. Pardee School of Global Studies
• Questrom School of Business
• School of Hospitality Administration
• Wheelock College of Education & Human Development
• 4 years of guaranteed on-campus housing
• 92% of recent graduates found employment or placement in graduate programs, military service, or fellowships within six months of graduation.
• 10:1 student-faculty ratio and average class size of 27
• 450+ student organizations, including over 40 cultural organizations
• 24 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 40 club and intramural sports
Boston University is a world-recognized private teaching and research university dedicated to excellence in undergraduate education. With unparalleled opportunities, BU prepares you to succeed academically, professionally, and socially while offering:
• A degree from a university ranked #42 among “Best Colleges” by U.S. News & World Report
• The opportunity to discover new cultures and perspectives through courses with global curricula and100+ premier study abroad programs on six continents
• A campus in the heart of Boston with access to exciting research and internship opportunities, first-class museums, and cultural experiences
Your brain at its best
Classes are challenging, and you will study with distinguished faculty such as Fulbright Scholars, Pulitzer Prize winners, and a former Poet Laureate. You can select from more than 300 programs of study, including top-ranked programs in Biomedical Engineering, Business,Psychology, Communications, Economics, and Pre-medicine. The Center for Career Development staff works collaboratively to help you explore educational and career options and prepare you to reach your postgraduate goals.
As early as your first year, you can become involved in cutting-edge research with faculty mentors through the Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP), which has more than $1 million in funding to provide undergraduates with the opportunity to work on research projects.
The BU Hub is BU’s innovative University-wide general education program. It prepares students for today’s interconnected world with interdisciplinary courses that exploreareas ranging from global citizenship to scientific and social inquiryto ethical reasoning. Students can gain experiences outside the classroom through Innovate@BU, an initiative that connects students with the resources they need—from design and prototyping to legal advice and marketing—to turn entrepreneurial ideas into actions that make an impact.
A global education
Your classmates will come from all 50 states and more than 100 countries, and their unique experiences will challenge your perspectives both inside and outside the classroom. The Frederick S. Pardee School of Global Studies within the College of Arts & Sciences combines interdisciplinary studies and research opportunities across five globally focused majors, including International Relations. Plus, there are nearly 650 global coursesto choose from across the University and more than 1,100 faculty members from 90+ countries teaching and researching here. With the premier study abroad program, BU offers more than 4,000 worldwide internship opportunities to enrich your studies through a global experience.
A BU degree opens doors
BU alumni live and work in 189 of the world’s 196 countries. Our Alumni Career Advisory Network keeps graduates around the world connected for professional success. That’s why 92% of recent graduates found employment or placements in fellowships, graduate programs, or the military within six months of graduation. In fact, a BU degree is so globally recognized that Times Higher Education ranks BU graduates #21 in the US for employability. Wherever you decide to go after graduating from BU, you’ll have bright career prospects.
How to apply
BU accepts the Common Application and the Coalition Application. Visit go.bu.edu/apply for complete application instructions, specific program requirements, and deadlines.