A place to belong: Belmont University
Belmont University is home to nearly 8,500 students who come from all 50 states and more than 36 countries. Committed to being a leader among teaching universities, Belmont brings together the best of liberal arts and professional education in a Christian community of learning and service. With approximately 100 areas of undergraduate study, more than 25 master’s programs, and five doctoral degrees, there’s no limit to the ways Belmont can expand a student’s horizon.
A leader in academics
Belmont’s boasts a 14:1 student-faculty ratio and is committed to leading the way in higher education by pioneering exciting majors like Biophysics, Emerging Media, and Music Technology. Our facilities offer state-of-the-art technology, and students work directly with faculty on research, health care simulations, audio productions, filmmaking, and more. Abundant opportunities exist for internships, and students are encouraged to participate in off-campus studies in numerous locations in the US and study abroad programs around the globe.
A thriving community
Belmont’s beautiful 93-acre campus is brimming with possibilities to help you enjoy your new home away from home. Belmont offers more than 160 student organizations, including sports clubs, Greek organizations, service-minded groups, faith development fellowships, and several niche honor societies. Sports fans have plenty to cheer for with 17 NCAA Division I teams (go Bruins!).
A growing urban hometown
Belmont’s hometown of Nashville, Tennessee, provides the backdrop for an amazing college experience while setting the stage for limitless career potential. Local internship opportunities are plentiful. In fact, Belmont students have connected with the Country Music Association, HCA Healthcare, the Nashville Predators, Caterpillar Financial, and Nissan. Nashville also offers countless opportunities for fun with professional sports teams, art museums, parks, and outdoor recreational areas.
Come experience our Belmont community by scheduling an in-person visit or learn about our campus through Belmont’s online tour at belmont.edu/campus-map/campus-tour.html. Find out for yourself how life at Belmont can shape your future.
• Home of the third and final presidential debate of the election season (October 22, 2020)
• Included on "Most Innovative Schools" 2020 list for the 12th consecutive year | U.S. News & World Report
• Ranked 17th for “strong commitment to undergraduate teaching” | U.S. News & World Report
• Recognized on "Best Colleges in the Southeast" 2020 list | The Princeton Review
What our students say...
• “Belmont University’s School of Music has played such a strong role in preparing me to be a true professional singer and musician.” — David Cistrunk, Commercial Music
• “Belmont PR has offered me not only classroom knowledge but also prepared me for internships and other real-world experiences. The professors are knowledgeable about the major, easily accessible, and always willing to help.” — Aliyah Sheffield, Public Relations
• “I would not be in medical school if it wasn't for Belmont faculty providing such great mentorship. I really appreciated the topics that were covered in the more advanced science classes such as Cancer Biology, which I used throughout my first year of medical school.” — Ambrose Rice, Biology
• “The Foreign Language Department has helped me discover who I am as well as my place in Belmont University and the world. Through this program, I received the opportunity to affordably immerse myself in the German language and culture through study abroad.” — Alexis Humbrecht, German