You’re ready to explore. To question. To discover your path to a successful future. Your journey starts at California University of Pennsylvania.
At Cal U, we know what you’re looking for:
• The ability to connect learning to the world outside your classroom
• A chance to meet new people, consider new ideas, and gain a global perspective
• An experience focused on you—your dreams, your future
On California University’s riverside campus, you’ll find the freedom to chart your own path. You’ll face challenges. You’ll gain confidence. And you’ll meet mentors who are invested in your success.
Committed to your success
Your Cal U education begins in the classroom, but it doesn’t end there. Fieldwork, clinical practice, and hands-on activities connect classroom learning to the wider world.
All Cal U classes are taught by faculty members, not teaching assistants or graduate students. Our Cal U professors are experts in their fields—teaching, motivating, and inspiring students is what they do best.
Throughout your Cal U journey, you’ll find that our classrooms, studios, and labs are equipped for learning today so you’re ready for the workplace tomorrow.
Skills that help you achieve your dreams
Employers want job candidates who can hit the ground running and adapt to whatever the future brings. That’s why Cal U focuses on a practical, skills-based education that equips you for a high-impact career.
Our corporate and industry partners keep Cal U in tune with the marketplace. With more than 100 undergraduate majors and concentrations, there’s a program that’s perfect for you.
With help from our Career and Professional Development Center, you’ll uncover your interests and pinpoint your talents. Then you can start building career skills while you earn your degree.
You’ll graduate job ready—and ready to take on the world.
Your path to graduation
We recommend Cal U’s Four-Year Graduation Plan. It’s a combination of advising, course scheduling, and individualized attention that guides incoming students so you can finish your studies in just four years.
It’s a fact: college costs multiply when you take five or six years to earn your diploma. The Four-Year Graduation Plan creates your personalized road map to timely success.
See for yourself
What do you want from your university? Exceptional professors? Career-focused programs? World-class facilities? Memories that last a lifetime?
It’s all here at California University of Pennsylvania.
Explore online at calu.edu, or see what Cal U has to offer for yourself. To schedule a campus tour, call 724-938-4404 or register at calu.edu/visit.
CAL U: Beyond the basics
• The University Honors Program encourages talented students to tackle challenging courses taught by distinguished professors. Qualifying students may choose to live in the Smith Honors Residence Hall.
• The Center for Undergraduate Research promotes inquiry in all fields of study. Dig into a topic that fascinates you, then show off your discoveries at the Center’s annual conference.
• The Center for Volunteer Programs and Service Learning identifies inspiring and impactful projects that make the world a better place. Record your leadership and community service experiences on your official Activities Transcript.
• The Office of Academic Success is a one-stop center that helps students succeed and graduate on time. Get help with scheduling, connect with a Peer Mentor, or build academic skills at the STEM Lab, Reading Clinic, or Writing Center.
• The Career and Professional Development Center helps you choose a major and gain experience through job shadowing, paid co-ops, and internships. Learn how tocreate a winning résumé, build a personal brand, connect with employers, and launch your career.