Wright State University
Find your future at Wright State University
Wright State University is named after aviation pioneers Wilbur and Orville Wright. Through innovation and dedication, the Wright brothers turned their dreams into reality by taking the first powered flight. They were fearless, focused, and persistent—just like you.
Now is your opportunity. Wright State faculty and staff will meet you where you are and join you on your journey from student to professional. Our exceptional programs at an exceptional value put a quality education within your reach. You can find your passion, find your people, find your mentor, find your future. Now is the time. Wright State University is where you belong.
Get the education you want—right now
Located in the heart of Ohio, Wright State University offers 140 degree programs in some of today's most popular majors. Our faculty and staff provide you with a world-class education and go above and beyond to offer the personal attention you need to succeed. From starting your college search to landing your dream job, we have the people and support needed to help you through every step of your journey.
At a price you can afford—right here
We know keeping college affordable matters to you and your family. Not only are our in-state tuition and housing rates some of the lowest in Ohio, but we keep them that way through our Wright Guarantee Tuition Program. The rate you pay for in-state tuition, housing, and dining will remain the same for four years, allowing you to budget for expenses and reduce your college debt.
Your dreams are waiting. Let us help you achieve them. Right here. Right now. Wright State.
Ranked as a "Best National University" | U.S. News & World Report
Ranked in the top 10 accessible campuses for students with physical disabilities | College magazine
Ranked as one of the best nursing schools | Nursing Schools Almanac
Named a "Best Business School" | The Princeton Review
Ranked as a "Best Undergraduate Engineering Program" | U.S. News & World Report
By the numbers
• 10,500+ total enrollment
• 315 undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, and professional academic programs through five colleges and two schools
• 14:1 student-faculty ratio
• 1,043 international students from 59 countries
• 119,000+ alumni worldwide
• 24% underrepresented student enrollment
• 180+ student organizations on campus
• $27+ million awarded in need- and merit-based scholarships last year
Tuition and fees
• $12,214* Average Annual Cost (all campuses)
* for Ohio residents; includes tuition and estimated cost of books and supplies
• Priority application: November 1 (Benefits include earlier admission decisions, scholarship notifications, consideration for Honors interview days, and registration for admitted students day as well as priority registration for orientation)
• Regular application: February 1
• Rolling admission decisions made thereafter (Regular and rolling applicants aren’t disadvantaged in being admitted or offered scholarships.)
“Wright State is a healthy medium in size, providing everything you need while still allowing you to make a difference on campus.”
“The quality of education while keeping tuition costs low is unmatched. Also, I don’t know any other school in the world that has tunnels. All my friends at other schools are jealous of that.”
“I remember when I was 18 and first walked onto campus. I think about how much knowledge I had then compared to how much I have now. I attribute everything in between to Wright State.”