We change the world.
The State University of New York’s endless commitment to global engagement has led to the establishment of SUNY Korea, where students have the unique opportunity to earn a degree from StonyBrook University while studying at our new state-of-the-art campus just one hour west of Seoul.
SUNY Korea is located in the Incheon Free Economic Zone (IFEZ), where Korean and foreign global corporations and institutions such as Samsung, Posco, World Bank, and GCF are creating an enhanced synergy. IFEZ has caught the attention of world business leaders because you can visit 61 megacities in just three and a half hours’ flying time and do business with more than one-third of the world’s population. As a hub for Asia’s economy, Incheon is positioned to lead the world’s economy, and thus our students have unique opportunities for internships and real-world applications of the skills they acquire in the classroom.
At SUNY Korea, integrity is paramount—we advise students to uphold virtue and vision. We offer affordable tuition and on-campus housing, a wide variety of scholarships, opportunities to form a global network, and a well-balanced educational system—all the basic tools tohelp students develop into competent and responsible leaders.
Experience an American education in Korea
With Asia emerging as a leader inan ever-increasing global economy, SUNY Korea students who follow world trends and understand a variety of cultures will be able to enhance their educational experiences. SUNY Korea provides students with the best of two worlds—an American education and an Asian culture.
SUNY Korea offers...
• A high-quality, research-oriented curriculum in areas such as computer science, engineering, and technology operations, with degree programs comparable to those of prestigious US universities, all set against the backdrop of the dynamic Korean culture
• Selected degree programs from Stony Brook University, one of the top-ranked universities in the United States, taught by the Stony Brook faculty; SUNY Korea students receive the same diploma as Stony Brook students upon graduation.
As part of the undergraduate academic program at SUNY Korea, students are required to visit and study for one year at Stony Brook University. Students are also encouraged to participate in internships with major Korean companies as a way to acquire on-the-job experience as they learn, which is a critical component of a US-based education.
We seek students with exceptional talent, and our student body is a true reflection of the global community; around 16% of our scholars comefrom 28 different countries outside of Korea, including Ghana, China, Ecuador, and Kyrgyzstan. These globally diverse individuals are learning the Korean language and culture and witnessing the rapid economic growth of Korea, all while receiving an education on various global partnerships and leadership.
New paradigm of education
Students at SUNY Korea will experience the Residential College (RC) program, which offers the full dormitory experience, allowing students to improve both intellectually and personally and grow as globally talented individuals. The Incheon Global Campus received approximately $414 million in financial support from the government.
SUNY Korea’s state-of-the-art campus is the perfect place to call home. It starts with the Academic Building, which includes laboratories, classrooms, lecture halls, seminar rooms, faculty offices, computer rooms, and so on. Facilities are outfitted with the latest technologies, and every classroom is equipped with projectors and other media tools.
Join our growing community
SUNY Korea aspires to be a hub for global education, research, and innovation. To accomplish this, we build partnerships with top institutions in both private and public sectors and do our best to create a global network with leaders and talents from across the globe. SUNY Korea looks forward to greeting talented individuals withbig aspirations and guiding them to become global leaders.
Why SUNY Korea?
• Prestigious American degree: A curriculum and degree identical to those offered by Stony Brook University in the United States
• Global network:Linking to more than three million SUNY alumni and their industrial networks
• Academic excellence: Holistic education through Residential College and Vision-Coaching Program
• Affordable education:Offering need- and merit-based scholarship opportunities
• International career prospects:New global education paradigm, with internship opportunities at global companies and organizations