Staffordshire University is a top 50 UK university!
The University’s recent investments include:
• The Beacon Building, a £5.5 million teaching facility with a built-in bistro
• The Cadman Studios, an £11.5 million development, housing TV and Music Technology
• Brand-new £1 million Student Hub, opened in September 2018, the core of the University, ensuring all student support services are immediately visible and accessible for all
• The University’s flagship digital space, the Digital Kiln, merges learning spaces with state-of-the-art technology to support digitally focused courses as well as social and teaching areas for all students to enjoy.
• Brand new in 2018, the Esports Hub is home to the latest in gaming technology, allowing students to host live Esports events. There are gaming workstations, broadcast cameras, a gallery, specialist lighting, a studio area for three presenters, and two shoutcasters, plus spectator seating.
• Bespoke labs for games programming, networking, mobile, web, multimedia, digital forensics, databases, big data, and software engineering are further proof that the University is ideally placed to equip students for a diverse range of exciting digital careers.
These new facilities deliver a vibrant, dynamic environment for inspiring teaching, cementing the University’s reputation as one of the United Kingdom’s leading universities for digital technology.
Staffordshire University has eyes on the future too, with work under way on the new £40 million Catalyst building, which will host a variety of functions, including flexible working areas, dedicated facilities, and a brand-new restaurant.
• Computer Science, AI, and Robotics
• Games Arts and Visual Effects
• Games Design and Virtual Reality
• Games Development and Programming
• Human Biology with Pre-med (specially designed for students wishing to study a graduate medicine degree in the United States)
For a full list of Staffordshire University’s specialist programmes, visit staffs.ac.uk/study.
Why Staffordshire University?
Winner of Most Improved Student Experience
Times Higher Education Award 2017
Top 10 for Teaching Quality
Sunday Times Good University Guide
2018 and 2019
Top 50 UK University (44th of 121 UK institutions)
Guardian “League Tables 2019”
95.6% Graduate Employability
Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education survey 2018
Top 1,000 World University Rankings 2019 (#801 of 1,000)
Times Higher Education
Highest UK Climber
The Complete University Guide 2019
85% Student Satisfaction
National Student Survey 2018
Staffordshire University is the United Kingdom’s Globally Connected Digital University. Situated in the very heart of England, it unites communities in inspirational environments and helps students fulfil their career aspirations.
Ranked as a top 50 UK university in the Guardian “League Tables 2019,” Staffordshire University is focused on student and graduate employability. Boasting partnerships with prestigious global companies such as Microsoft and CISCO and strong industry links with global leaders including Amazon and Google, Staffordshire University provides professional accreditations as well as world-recognised qualifications.
Cutting-edge tech through digital facilities
Connections put a man on the moon and planes in the sky. Yet without state-of-the-art technology, none of this would have been possible. If you study in the dedicated £30 million Science Centre, you’ll get your hands on three floors of technology that are at the forefront of scientific research and development. A short walk from the Science Centre is the Crime Scene House. This is a real house used to replicate crime scenes, giving students practical experience in investigation and putting forensic theories to the test in a real-world environment.
Over the past decade, Staffordshire University has invested over £140 million in developing the campus into a vibrant and dynamic teaching and learning facility with convenient public transport links and incredible social areas.
A globally connected UK university
Take advantage of the University’s 90+ international partnerships while you study and enjoy a period of study, work placement, or internship in a different country. Participate in the Erasmus+ programme and spend up to a year in Denmark, Croatia, Italy, France, Spain, or one of many other countries where the programme has connections.
In 2017, Staffordshire University launched the country’s first-ever Esports degree, which attracted hundreds of applications from all over the world. Supported by the NUEL, Fast Web Media, and Codemasters, this degree focuses on the business side of Esports and builds on the University’s reputation as a leading institution for computer games. Staffordshire University’s digitally inspired courses will open doors to a range of new, yet-to-be-discovered job opportunities.