AT A GLANCE
The best way to experience the OU family is to visit our beautiful campus in Norman, Oklahoma! Schedule a tour and picture yourself as a Sooner. During your visit, you’ll hear about OU from staff, tour our campus with a current OU student, see our state-of-the-art facilities, and experience the OU community and spirit. To find out more, visit ou.edu/visit/tours
You can also explore OU from the comfort of your home through our virtual resources! Take a virtual tour, chat with current students and staff, join a webinar about the academic programs you’re interested in, and more. To find out more about these virtual opportunities, visit ou.edu/go2/virtualresources.
Deadline information for freshman applicants
Application opens: August 1
Early Action admission deadline: November 1
Final scholarship admission deadline: December 15
Final admission deadline: February 1
Deposit deadline: May 1
Financial aid: ou.edu/admissions/affordability/financial-aid
With the option to choose from more than 170 majors—many of which are ranked among the best in the nation—students can find their perfect degree program and embrace academic growth. OU is the largest research institution in the state of Oklahoma and has been named a Tier 1 Research Institution by the Carnegie Foundation.
OU offers experiential learning opportunities and first-class facilities for all majors, meaning OU students earn hands-on experience that directly benefits postgraduate work. Additionally, students are encouraged to expand their educational experience through study abroad with programs in over 200 cities and 90 countries across the globe.
OU’s student body is ranked as the happiest among public schools by The Princeton Review, due in part to the University’s vibrant campus life. Students can use their free time to find their fit in any of our more than 550 student organizations or cheer on OU’s athletic teams, including the winningest program in the modern era of college football.
OU has a culturally diverse student body, representing all 50 states, over 50 tribal affiliations, and over 125 foreign countries. Our Diversity Enrichment Programs team guides prospective students from underrepresented communities during the admission process and partners with the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to work toward building a welcoming and supportive campus. Open to all, OU’s Multicultural Programs and Services hosts programs that teach the skills students need for a diverse world while supporting and celebrating specific constituency groups.
Norman and OKC
Like OU, Norman and Oklahoma City offer the best of both worlds—a small-town community and big-city resources. The third-largest city in Oklahoma, Norman is a vibrant college town that’s been named the “City of Festivals” thanks to its regular large-scale activities and events across the city. Additionally, just a 30-minute drive from campus is Oklahoma City, a major metropolitan area that provides students with entertainment options, cultural opportunities, a robust job market, and more.
Rankings & Recognition
• Named a “Best Value College” | The Princeton Review
• Ranked #5 “happiest students” | The Princeton Review
• Tier 1 Research Institution | The Carnegie Foundation
• Featured in the Top 135 Universities and Top 60 Public Universities | U.S. News & World Report
What our students say...
• “OU gave me the opportunity to figure out who I am and what I’m really made of while in a supportive and exciting environment. I am confident that you can identify and achieve your goals, whatever they may be, at the University of Oklahoma!" — James Kucinskas ’11
• “OU has the tools to help you exceed in any discipline or endeavor you could imagine. Having the resources of a state flagship university with a smaller student body gives you access to so many fantastic opportunities.” — Jacob Moser ’21
• "I have felt supported by my peers and professors in a way I wouldn’t have thought possible in a school as big as OU, which I think highlights what makes OU special: the commitment to community.” — Faith Blank ’21
• “There truly is something for everyone. The people I've met and the organizations I've been a part of have made me feel at home here at OU, even though I'm 835 miles from the place I've called home my entire life.” — Danny Becker ’21