Abilene Christian University is a selective four-year private Christian university. We are the best at providing exceptional academics in a Christ-centered community. ACU is affiliated with the Churches of Christ and is one of the largest private universities in the Southwest.
We offer 77 undergraduate majors that include more than 135 areas of study, 30 master's degree programs, and three doctoral programs.
ACU draws students from around the world with a vibrant community of more than 5,100 students representing 51 states and territories and 40 nations.
Wear Purple and White and cheer on the Wildcats in the NCAA Division I: Southland Conference.
With more than 100 student organizations, you are sure to find something for you!
Our student-faculty ratio is 14:1, so you will get the attention you deserve.
More than 4,400 scholarships and grants valued at more than $34 million were offered to the 2017 entering class.
Nearly 25% of graduating seniors have studied abroad in places such as Europe, Asia, Latin America, and Africa.
The best way to find out if ACU is a fit for you is to visit our campus. Schedule your visit online at acu.edu/visit.
UNDERGRADUATE ACADEMIC MAJORS
• Advertising/Public Relations
• Animal Health Professions Co-op
• Animal Science:
- Animal Industry and Business
- Biotechnology and Research
- Livestock Management
- Pre-veterinary Medicine and Health
• Architecture (AA)
- Graphic Design
• Art: Teacher Certification
• Bible and Ministry:
- Biblical Languages
- Biblical Text
- Christian Ministry
• Biology: Teacher Certification
- Financial Management
• Child and Family Services
• Communication Sciences and Disorders
• Computer Science
• Computer Science and Mathematics: Teacher Certification
• Criminal Justice
• Digital Entertainment Technology
- Early Childhood/Elementary
- Middle School
- Special Education
- Theatre Education
• English: Teacher Certification
• Environmental Science:
- Field Technology
- Outdoor Studies
- Politics and Public Policy
- Wildlife and Resource Management
• Global Studies
• Graphic Design/Advertising
• History: Social Studies for Teachers
• History: Teacher Certification
• Information Systems
• Information Technology
• Interior Design
• Journalism: Convergence Journalism
• Journalism: Teacher Certification
- Athletic Training
- Health Promotion
- Pre-occupational Therapy
- Pre-physical Therapy
- Sport and Recreation Management
- Actuarial Science
- Applied Mathematics
- Pure Mathematics
• Mathematics: Teacher Certification
• Ministry and Vocation
- Children and Family Ministry
- Vocational Missions
- Worship Ministry
- Youth and Family Ministry
- Instrumental Teacher Certification
- Vocal Performance
- Vocal Teacher Certification
- Community Concentration
- Didactic Program in Dietetics
- Exercise Science
- Food Service
• Physical Science: Teacher Certification
• Physics and Mathematics: Teacher Certification
• Political Science
• Political Science: International Relations
• Social Work
• Spanish: Teacher Certification
ACU is a diverse, welcoming, academically rigorous community redefining what it means to be a leading university in the 21st century. ACU is deeply rooted in Christian values and
fueled by innovative teaching to prepare students for success in today’s global marketplace.
Here you will be challenged intellectually while developing spiritually, all in preparation for successful Christian service and leadership. Our graduates are in high demand by employers and graduate programs because they gain knowledge and experience in their majors, and they learn to apply Christian values to their everyday decisions.
We want to be a place where you can grow in your faith and come to better understand who Jesus is and what He’s called you to do.
Be a part and discover how your life and work can make a real difference in the world.