ACU is a vibrant, innovative, Christ-centered community that engages students in authentic spiritual and intellectual growth, equipping them to make a real difference in the world.
Abilene Christian University is a diverse, welcoming, academically rigorous community redefining what it means to be a leading university in the 21st century.
We are the best in the world at providing an exceptional academic education in a Christ-centered environment. Here you will be challenged intellectually while developing spiritually, all in preparation for successful Christian service and leadership.
Our Engineering and Physics majors pursue a deeper understanding of the physical world through theory, application, analysis, and practical design.
The study of engineering is dedicated to glorifying the Creator. We admire God’s handiwork in the laws of the universe, and seek to understand and apply those principles to solve big problems while improving the lives of people around the world.
Their education comes under the mentorship of dedicated Christian faculty who are active researchers in their fields. They are respected internationally for their work, and with an average class size of 10 students, you’ll get to know your professors well—often with an opportunity to become a colleague. Involvement in the process of research and discovery sets ACU apart from engineering majors at other universities.
We want to be a place where you can grow in your faith and come to better understand who Jesus is and what He’s called you to do. Be a part—and discover how your life and work can make a real difference in the world.
We offer 70 undergraduate majors that include more than 135 areas of study, 27 master's degree programs, and three doctoral programs.
We draw students from around the world with a vibrant community of more than 4,900 students representing 51 states and territories and 40 nations.
Wear purple and white and cheer on the Wildcats in the NCAA Division I: Southland Conference.
ACU’s Engineering and Physics students help conduct research at national labs each summer.
Our student-faculty ratio is 14:1, so you will get the attention you deserve.
More than 4,400 scholarships and grants valued at more than $34 million were offered to the entering Class of 2020.
Nearly 25% of graduating seniors have studied abroad in places such as Europe, Asia, Latin America, and Africa.
The best way to find out if ACU is a fit for you is to visit our campus. Schedule your visit online at acu.edu/visit.
UNDERGRADUATE ACADEMIC MAJORS
• Advertising/Public Relations
• Animal Health Professions Co-op
• Animal Science:
- Animal Industry and Business
- Biotechnology and Research
- Livestock Management
- Pre-veterinary Medicine and Health
• Architecture (AA)
- Graphic Design
• Art: Teacher Certification
• Bible and Ministry:
- Biblical Languages
- Biblical Text
- Christian Ministry
• Biology: Teacher Certification
- Financial Management
• Child and Family Services
• Communication Sciences and Disorders
• Computer Science
• Computer Science and Mathematics: Teacher Certification
• Criminal Justice
• Digital Entertainment Technology
- Early Childhood/Elementary
- Middle School
- Special Education
• English: Teacher Certification
• Environmental Science:
- Field Technology
- Outdoor Studies
- Politics and Public Policy
- Wildlife and Resource Management
• Global Studies
• Graphic Design/Advertising
• History: Social Studies for Teachers
• History: Teacher Certification
• Information Systems
• Information Technology
• Interior Design
• Journalism: Convergence Journalism
• Journalism: Teacher Certification
- Athletic Training
- Health Promotion
- Pre-occupational Therapy
- Pre-physical Therapy
- Sport and Recreation Management
- Actuarial Science
- Applied Mathematics
- Pure Mathematics
• Mathematics: Teacher Certification
• Ministry and Vocation
- Children and Family Ministry
- Vocational Missions
- Worship Ministry
- Youth and Family Ministry
- Instrumental Teacher Certification
- Piano Performance
- Piano Teacher Certification
- Vocal Performance
- Vocal Teacher Certification
- Community Concentration
- Didactic Program in Dietetics
- Exercise Science
- Food Service
• Physical Science: Teacher Certification
• Physics and Mathematics: Teacher Certification
• Political Science
• Political Science: International Relations
• Social Work
• Spanish: Teacher Certification