LeMoyne-Owen College, founded in 1862 for the education of African-Americans who had escaped to the Union army camps, is a church-affiliated, liberal arts college. The school was founded as Lincoln School, but changed its name to LeMoyne Normal and Commercial School in 1871, and in 1968 merged with Owen Junior College, another historically black school, to become LeMoyne-Owen College. Its 25-acre campus is located in South Memphis.
||Coeducational College, Founded Coeducational College
|Historically Black college/university
• NCATE (National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education)
• SACS (Southern Assn. of Colleges and Schools)