Expect the Unexpected
Transfer students are attracted to Simpson College because it has so much to offer—a great location minutes from Des Moines, where jobs and internships are plentiful, and a challenging academic environment with more than 50 programs of study.
Best of both worlds
Simpson boasts the best of both worlds—small-town friendliness and a good mix of city life. There are hundreds of great opportunities for entertainment in Indianola and Des Moines. From local theaters and restaurants to professional sports and outdoor recreational areas, the Des Moines area is a great place to be.
• Quality and value: The College has been nationally recognized by U.S. News & World Report, Washington Monthly, Newsweek, and Forbes.
• Ideal location: Simpson is located just 12 miles from Iowa’s capital city. Forbes magazine recently named Des Moines as one of the top 10 cities in the nation for business and careers. As a hub for health care, politics, publishing, and finance, the capital city provides Simpson students with outstanding opportunities for career-track internships in a variety of fields.
• A challenging, personalized education: Our professors are experienced in and dedicated to their fields of study and are equally dedicated to teaching. The average class size is 20 students and the student-faculty ratio is 13:1.
• Proven results: Simpson College is committed to you. That means we know your name and care about your future. In 2021, 99% of our graduates were employed or continuing their education within six months of graduation.
• Feel at home: The College takes pride in offering some of the best residential student housing options, including suite-style residence halls, on-campus apartments, and Greek residences. All campus housing is air-conditioned, and 100% of campus has Wi-Fi.
• Involvement fosters success: From our nationally ranked athletic teams to our widely acclaimed Music and Theatre programs to our award-winning newspaper and campus clubs and organizations, the opportunities for involvement and leadership are numerous and diverse.
• Transfer and PTK scholarships: 100% of Simpson students receive financial assistance. The College’s financial assistance program includes several scholarships specifically for transfer students.
Ranked #7 among the "Best Regional Universities" in the Midwest | U.S. News & World Report, 2022
Ranked #4 among the "Best Value Schools" in the Midwest | U.S. News & World Report, 2022
Ranked #87 among the "Best Colleges in America" and #2 in Iowa | Money magazine, 2022
Ranked #2 among bachelor’s colleges for service — Washington Monthly, 2022
We know you’re not new to college. You have hard-earned credits that you want to make the most of. We get that, and we make sure they transfer with:
• Easy-to-follow transfer guides
• A dedicated transfer counselor
• A smooth application process with no fee
• Scholarships, grants, and awards
The process is easier than you might imagine. So get moving. Be noticed, valued, and empowered. Identify and define problems that need solving. Lead the next big idea. Go to SC!
“The Simpson Community pushes you to be successful in all your endeavors. It’s Simpson’s unique community that produces such great leaders.”
"I instantly fell in love with the Simpson campus and close-knit community. Another huge perk for me was that Simpson's proximity to Des Moines is very helpful for getting internships."
“I chose Simpson because I wanted a college where I could be very involved on campus, from academics to clubs and organizations. I have found that at Simpson.”