It’s not about what you want to do, where you want to live, or what you want to accomplish. It’s about who you want to be.
Community & Student Life
17 NCAA Division I, Pac-12 intercollegiate sports programs
450+ student clubs and organizations
12,900+ students participating in intramural sports
409 Education Abroad programs in 63 countries
6,000+ students serving each year through CU Boulder Volunteer Resource Center
U.S. News & World Report, 2018
• #39 among the top 132 public colleges and universities in the nation
• #2 in the world in geosciences U.S. News & World Report’s top national undergraduate programs, 2018
• Aerospace Engineering—#8 among public institutions, #11 overall
• Business—#20 among public universities, #31 overall
• Chemical Engineering—#11 among public institutions, #17 overall
• Engineering—#16 among public institutions, #30 overall
18:1 student-faculty ratio
8 colleges, schools, and programs
3,900+ academic courses
150 fields of study
110+ degree programs
91 undergraduate, 89 master’s, and 63 doctorate majors
11 research institutes and nearly 90 research centers
2,000+ undergraduates directly involved in faculty research
New freshmEn 2017–2018
6,570 started in fall 2017
1,749 US students of color
1,076 first-generation students
326 international students
3,380 resident and 3,190 non-resident
3.49–4.0 high school GPA (of middle 50% 2018 admitted students)
1180–1370 SAT total (of middle 50% 2018 admitted students)
26–31 ACT composite (of middle 50% 2018 admitted students)
33,246 degree-seeking students
7,658 US students of color
3,124 international students
Located at the foot of the Rocky Mountains, the cityof Boulder is a leading force in research, technology, and entrepreneurship—a place where innovation happens. At the heart of the city, CU Boulder produces some of the best and brightest in these industries and is a primary source of Colorado’s highly skilled workforce. Our talented faculty, students, and alumni are leading the way for the next generation by inspiring scientific, humanitarian, and social enterprises.
• #1 smartest city in America (Bloomberg, 2017)
• #1 city to start a business (Forbes, 2015)
• #1 metro in the US for female entrepreneurship (Version 2.0 Communications, 2017)
• #2 most innovative tech hub in the US (Forbes, 2015)
• 103 new companies founded based on technologies developed at CU Boulder since 1994
Our emphasis on a customized education combined with our dynamicacademic programs, hands-on learning opportunities, and rigorous course work are at the cornerstone of the CU Boulder student experience. Within our supportive learning community,you’ll interact with our exceptional faculty—who include Nobel Laureates, MacArthur Genius Grant Fellows, US Professor of the Year awardees, and National Medal of Science winners—who will be listening, questioning, and helping you refine your ideas so you can develop a broadunderstanding of the world, strongleadership skills, and an enhanced ability to think critically.
CU Boulder has eight colleges,schools, and programs: the Collegeof Arts and Sciences; College of Engineering and Applied Science; College of Media, Communication, and Information; College of Music; Leeds School of Business; School of Education; School of Law; and Program in Environmental Design. Among them,we offer more than 3,900 academiccourses across 150 fields of study, enabling you to create an academic experience that is totally unique to you.
At CU Boulder, the hard work happening in our classrooms, labs, recital halls, and studios is complemented by the remarkable beauty that surrounds us. Appreciation for our iconic Rocky Mountain locale comes easily in Boulder, and as a result, we have one of the most active college campuses in the nation, where recreation, sports, and student groups play key roles in the unique CU Boulder experience. Within our inclusive community, you’llfind many ways to get involved and make lifelong friends. And you’ll have the opportunity to serve the greatergood through volunteerism and civicengagement, whether it’s around the world or across the street.
CU Boulder students are encouragedto customize their education to theirunique interests by taking classes acrossacademic disciplines, so they’ll beready to contribute to today’s rapidly changing world. With their hands-on experience, world-class education, and ability to think critically, globally, and creatively, they benefit from a strong salary potential, high employment rates, and the opportunity to find and excel in a career they are truly passionate about.
• 91% of CU Boulder graduates were employed or in graduate school within six months of graduation.
• 74% of CU Boulder graduates are accepted into their first-choice graduate school.
• $50,000 median starting salary forstudents with a CU Boulder bachelor’s degree
• $89,900 median career salary forstudents with a CU Boulder bachelor’s degree
Live in spectacular surroundings and immerse yourself in a campus environment of extraordinary opportunities. Come to CU Boulder and discover who you can be.