EARN YOUR DEGREE IN THE HEART OF EUROPE.
DID YOU KNOW?
• Students who graduate from Webster Vienna are able to receive a degree accredited in America and Austria. Webster has been accredited in the United States by the Higher Learning Commission since 1925 as well as the Agency for Quality Assurance and Accreditation Austria (AQ Austria) as an Austrian private university since 2001.
• All courses are taught in English.
• American citizens and green card holders may be eligible to apply for financial aid from the US government (student loans, Pell Grants, etc.).
• Scholarships are available for new and current students who qualify.
• Average class sizes are between 20–25 students per class.
• Our Career and Placement Service (CPS) provides students with expert advice and guidance about employer needs and job opportunities.
• Webster offers study abroad opportunities at any of our international campuses located in China, Ghana, Greece, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Thailand, and the United States.
Webster Vienna Private University (WVPU) combines the best of the American education system with an international perspective. We pride ourselves on our student-centered philosophy. Small class sizes mean professors can focus on the interests of individual students.
We have around 110 teachers, ranging from full-time professors to adjunct faculty, dedicated to providing a high-quality education. Faculty are complemented by around 45 staff members, maintaining the administrative and technical support systems that allow our 500 on-campus students to succeed in today’s rapidly changing world.
With students from over 70 countries and faculty members from over 20, our University offers a diverse and multicultural environment. Our graduates are truly global citizens with an international perspective and top-notch skills, capable of immediately applying their knowledge while operating in diverse settings. Here at Webster Vienna, diversity is respected, and innovative ideas and unique perspectives are always welcome. We foster this environment with activities that help students develop leadership skills and thrive in an interconnected world. We care passionately about your learning and strive for academic excellence.
Chart your path while expanding your horizons
Our Bachelor of Arts (BA) and Bachelor of Science (BS) programs provide the educational foundation necessary to reach your vocational and professional goals.
• Business Administration (BS)
• International Relations (BA)
• Management (BA)
• Management with an emphasis in International Business (BA)
• Management with an emphasis in Marketing (BA)
• Media Communications (BA)
• Psychology (BA)
Advance your current career or embark on a new one
Our Master of Arts (MA), Master of Science (MSc), and Master of Business Administration (MBA) programs allow students to develop specialized skills and knowledge while engaging with an international student community.
• Conflict Resolution (LLM Legal Practice)
• Finance (MSc)
• International Relations (MA)
• Marketing (MSc)
• Master of Business Administration (MBA)
• Psychology (MA)
We focus on excellence in teaching, the joining of theory and practice, small class sizes, and educating students to be lifelong independent learners prepared to participate in an increasingly international society. By promoting critical thinking and fostering intercultural understanding, we aim to provide a state-of-the-art American liberal arts education. Our students build long-lasting relationships with each other and with staff and faculty, many of whom have decades of experience and extensive networks.
In short, WVPU fosters a culture of mentorship that opens doors and lasts a lifetime. Our focus on integrating research and teaching enables our students to not only learn about ongoing research trends but also actually participate in ongoing research projects, from archive research to interviews to lab tests. Students learn the essential requirements of participating in projects, meeting deadlines, and producing quality written and oral work firsthand.
By integrating students into faculty research, we engage and empower them in ways not typically available in traditional course work. This approach provides value-added guidance, encouragement, and support. It’s through this close interaction with faculty and exposure to a diverse set of ideas, topics, and approaches that students are able to decide on career paths and the next crucial steps in their lives.
“Webster Vienna allowed me to combine my different interests toward a bright future and build the foundation for a new career path. The fact that all of my courses were taught in English was very appealing to me. Since my graduate courses were taught in the evening, I had the flexibility of working during the day. Vienna is a student city and is so affordable to live in; there are so many things you can do in the city for little to nothing. I have gotten a lot of attention from my professors. They have helped me sign up for classes and even helped me land the internship that I did during my studies. Webster Vienna has gotten me excited for my new future.”
International Relations, MA
At Webster Vienna, you’ll not only have the opportunity to make the most of our academic resources, but you can also benefit from Vienna’s location in the heart of Europe. The city is a diplomatic hub, and a number of international corporate headquarters and international organizations—such as the United Nations, the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC), and the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE)—call it home. We hope you will too. Study in a neoclassical palais in the center of Vienna, a city that has been ranked #1 by Mercer for having the highest quality of life for nine years in a row. Most recently, Vienna has been ranked #1 by the Global Liveability Index for being the “most liveable city in the world.”
Our campus offers the following amenities to students:
• Six floors
• 17 seminar and classrooms
• Student lounge
• Starbucks coffee corner
• Piano room
• Library and Learning Center
• 90 work stations
• Video conference classroom for simultaneous classes worldwide
• Smart boards in six classrooms
• Video recording studio
• Post-production studio
• Audio radio lab
• Lockers for storage
• Computer labs (Windows, Mac)