With a 160-year tradition of excellence in higher education, Kean University recognizes how important transferring credits is to student success, and our faculty advisors are dedicated to making the transition to Kean as easy as possible.
• Founded in 1855 for the exclusive purpose of being a teacher education college
• Most affordable comprehensive university in New Jersey
• One of the top five most diverse campuses in the United States, as ranked by DiversityInc
• Federally designated as a Hispanic-Serving Institution
• 16,000+ student population
• 50+ undergraduate degree programs
• 60 options for graduate study
• Average class size of 20 students
• 35% of the student population are transfers
• 81% of the transfer population are between 20–29 years old
• Most popular transfer programs are Business Management and Marketing, followed by Psychology, Natural Sciences, and Early Childhood Education
• 30 minutes to New York City, with a train station adjacent to campus
• 11 eateries on campus, including two Starbucks, Smashburger, Jersey Mike’s Subs, Auntie Anne’s, and Barnes & Noble Café
In fact, we have been recognized on the Phi Theta Kappa Transfer HonorRoll as one of the most transfer-friendly universities in the nation for the last four years.
The University offers 50+ undergraduate degrees and 60 graduate study options. Kean’s wide range of academic programs allows transfer students many options as they find their path in life.
Student and campus life
Transfer students fit right in at Kean, where almost four out of every 10 students are transfers. Life is a vibrant mix of academic, social, and cultural activities—students get involved on and off campus with access to résumé-building internships regionally and in Manhattan. With over 160 cultural clubs, student organizations, and honor societies, Kean offers transfer students a wealth of opportunities to get involved.
Kean has three conveniently located campuses throughout New Jersey andoffers several degree options 100%online, making it easier than ever to earn a four-year degree. Kean is also the only public American university to operate a fully English-speakingcampus in China, allowing students the opportunity to have a global education by studying abroad.
Kean’s main campus—located in Union, New Jersey—is just 30 minutes from New York City and has a long history of offering a quality, affordable, comprehensive, hands-on education that sets our graduates up for success in the global market.
Kean Ocean—located on the campus of Ocean County College in TomsRiver, New Jersey—provides seamless transfer and degree completion options for community college students with 60 credits or more.
Kean Skylands—our new location in Jefferson Township, New Jersey—is a degree completion campus designed with transfer students in mind, committed to helping community college graduates make a smooth transitionto earning their bachelor’s in Biology, Criminal Justice, Management, or Psychology.
Kean Online was created with the community college graduate in mind. The program is designed so studentscan earn a four-year degree anytime, anywhere. The same credentialed faculty teach Kean’s online courses as its traditional courses, and instructorsare available to meet with studentsshould need or desire arise. Programs are offered 100% online for undergraduate transfer students in Accounting, Criminal Justice, Management, Nursing, and Psychology.
Financing your education
Earning a college degree is an investment in your future. Kean is the most affordable comprehensive university in New Jersey, and students graduate with less debt than the national average. With Kean’s scholarships and aid programs, students can achieve their academic goals with less of a financial burden using a wide variety of University, federal, and state financial assistance, including merit-based scholarships specific to transfer students, grants, and loans.
We encourage interested transfer students to visit Kean to learn more about the University and its many opportunities and to experience our world-class facilities. Visit kean.edu/visitto learn how you can streamline the application process. Find your path to climb higher!