World Class Education
• Founded in 1855
• One of the top five most diverse campuses in the US, as ranked by DiversityInc
• Federally designated as a Hispanic-Serving Institution
• Most affordable comprehensive university in New Jersey
• 16,000+ student population
• 50+ major options for undergraduate degrees
• 35 graduate degree programs
• 16:1 student-faculty ratio
• 30 minutes to New York City, with a train station adjacent to campus
• Internships in top-tier companies in New York City and New Jersey such as MSNBC and Giorgio Armani
• Study abroad in 30+ countries, including Wenzhou-Kean University (WKU), one of only three US colleges with English-speaking campuses in China
• Ranked “Best Dorm Rooms” at a public university in the state of New Jersey by Niche.com
• 170+ honor societies, cultural and student organizations, fraternities, and sororities
• 14 NCAA Division III intercollegiate varsity sports
• Three fitness centers on campus
• On-campus access to New Jersey Transit, Zipcars, and shuttle buses
• 10 eateries on-campus, including Au Bon Pain, Auntie Anne’s, Barnes & Noble Café, Jersey Mike’s Subs, Smashburger, and Starbucks
Rated one of the top five most diverse schools in the nation by DiversityInc, Kean prepares students for challenging careers in the evolving global economy.
The University offers 50+ undergraduate degrees and 85 graduate study options, including doctoral degrees, professional diplomas, master’s degrees, and certificate programs. Undecided? Kean offers a wide array of academic degree programs and culturally focused minors that lead to careers in a variety of disciplines.
In the sciences, the University’s Research First Initiative is the only program in New Jersey that offers a core curriculum in the first two years that integrates sciences and mathematics courses across STEM disciplines. U.S. News & World Report named Kean’s Occupational Therapy program one of the best in the nation, and Kean’s award-winning Graphic Design students are changing the way people perceive the world around them.
In architecture, the Michael Graves College at Kean carries the name and endorsement of a man who was one of the world’s premier architects and designers—Michael Graves. Kean is proud to carry on his great legacy.
The quality of students’ education is enhanced through modern research, laboratory and residential facilities, and world-class faculty and is complemented by the Center for Nursing Research and the Human Rights Institute.
Student and campus life
Life at Kean is a vibrant mix of academic, social, and cultural activities—students get involved both on and off campus with access to world-class internships. While Kean is a 30-minute train ride to New York City direct from campus, world-class music, dance, and theatrical performances engage you right here. Premiere Stages, one of five theatres on campus, is a professional equity theatre that supports the development and production of work by local playwrights. Theatre majors at Kean have the uncommon opportunity to earn professional credits to work toward union affiliation in the Actors’ Equity Association here on campus.
With nearly 140 honor societies, cultural and student organizations, as well as 32 fraternities and sororities, Kean offers students a wealth of social and educational opportunities.
Residential student services
Rated the best in New Jersey among public universities by Niche.com, Kean’s residence halls are communities of close to 2,000 students where new ideas and greater independence are explored. A new freshman residence hall is slated to open in fall 2018.
Athletics and recreation
As a National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division III institution, Kean houses several facilities on its main campus that support our athletic and recreation programs, as well as personal fitness. Both the men’s and women’s volleyball teams are top seeds in their respective divisions, while the women’s field hockey team is ranked eighth in the country.
Financing your education
Kean is the most affordable comprehensive university in New Jersey; students graduate with 34% less debt from Kean than the national average. Students receive a wide variety of university, federal, and state financial assistance, including merit scholarships, grants, and loans.
We encourage interested students and their families to visit Kean to learn more about the University and its many opportunities, as well as experience our world-class facilities. Visit kean.edu/visit-us to take a campus tour. See where a world-class education takes you!