Baldwin Wallace University
Exceptional experiences on and off stage
Feel the exhilaration of the audience. Hear the applause. At Baldwin Wallace University, tradition and innovation take center stage. We teach you how to think, solve problems, write, and speak with confidence. With more than 80 academic programs in Science & Technology, Health, Performing Arts, and more, we ensure you have a rich foundation of portable skills no matter where your career takes you.
A world-class education combined with real-world experience
At Baldwin Wallace, you’ll learn from award-winning, professionally active faculty members with industry connections. They’ll challenge, inspire, and prepare you to succeed. We believe nothing teaches like experience in and beyond the classroom. That’s why we provide varied opportunities both on and off campus. Performing Arts students can:
• Connect with professionals in the field and gain skills for success with organizations like the Cleveland Orchestra, Playhouse Square, Great Lakes Theater, Beck Center for the Arts, and Cleveland Play House. Partnership productions at professional venues enable you to earn equity weeks as well as potential equity cards.
• Land lead roles and first-chair opportunities. BW is home to an undergraduate-only Conservatory of Music and Theatre department.
• Access the best tools for success, like the exceptional instruments provided by BW’s elite status as an All-Steinway School.
The best of city and suburban life
Being just 20 minutes from downtown Cleveland means our location provides students with big opportunities while studying in a beautiful suburban campus environment. Not only can you enjoy coffee shops and parks in Berea, but you’ll have access to internships at leading Fortune 500 businesses and organizations, service opportunities, field experience, and more in nearby Cleveland. Our students enjoy professional sports, world-renowned fine arts, and relaxing Lake Erie beaches. Small-town charm and big-city opportunities—that's BW!
Success after graduation
Performing Arts graduates perform on Broadway (currently more than 50 BW alumni!), are members of professional symphony orchestras, serve as instructors, and more. In fact, the job placement rate for BW's Music Education and Music Therapy graduates has remained at 100% for the past several years!
• Professional companies: Theatre graduates work at Great Lakes Theater, the Idaho Shakespeare Festival, Santa Fe Opera, and Yale Repertory Theatre.
• Performance destinations: BW alumni have lead roles on Broadway, television, and film as well as guest artist roles and esteemed positions with distinguished opera companies, orchestras, universities, school systems, health care facilities, and arts organizations.
• Behind the scenes: Arts Management & Entrepreneurship graduates bring their talent to Broadway’s NETworks Tours & Bond Theatrical, Playhouse Square, the Cleveland Orchestra, and Walt Disney World.
• Top graduate schools: Our grads go on to advanced study at the Cleveland Institute of Music, Indiana University, Manhattan School of Music, Mannes School of Music, New England Conservatory, Northwestern University, the Peabody Institute at Johns Hopkins University, San Francisco Conservatory, and The Juilliard School.
Complete your degree in four years—guaranteed
BW values your time. If you do your part but don't graduate in four years, we'll do our part and pay for the time it takes to finish. We believe in affordable excellence, and one way to dramatically cut the cost of higher education is for students to earn their degrees in four years.
You should be here!
Baldwin Wallace is a unique community where student success is at the heart of everything we do. Experience it by scheduling a campus visit in person or virtually and see how our unsurpassed academic tradition, location, environment, and commitment to affordability inspire lifelong success.
Ranked #8 among the Midwest's Best Universities. Also ranked #4 Best Undergraduate Teaching, #3 Most Innovative, and #3 Best for Veterans in the Midwest category | U.S. News & World Report
Highly ranked for Best Value and Social Mobility in the Midwest | U.S. News & World Report
BW's music theatre program has been recognized as the "Best College Theatre Program in Ohio" by Onstage
BW's Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) in acting program is among the top 25 in the Onstage rankings for Best BFA Acting/Performance Programs
"Top Music Business School" - Billboard
Bachelor of Music (BM) in Music Theatre - "Best College Theatre Program in Ohio" - Onstage
#1 in the Nation - "Collegiate Opera Production Competition" - National Opera Association
Cleveland provides BW students with rich cultural resources—including The Cleveland Orchestra, Broadway shows at Playhouse Square and the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.
Performing Arts Programs
Bachelor of Music Education (BME)
• Music Education
“Attending BW has given me an opportunity to build a lot of confidence in myself as a student and as someone pursuing a career in music.”
“I’ve had so many opportunities to apply what I’ve learned in the classroom to real-world situations. BW is propelling me forward, personally, and professionally.”