Baldwin Wallace University
A world-class education with a foundation in the arts and sciences...
At Baldwin Wallace University, tradition and innovation take center stage. We teach you how to think, solve problems, and write and speak with confidence. With more than 80 academic programs in the sciences, health, performing arts, and more, we ensure you have a rich foundation of transferrable skills no matter where your career takes you. Our innovative core courses provide a broad base of knowledge that’ll improve your global understanding and give you the tools you need to take an active role in shaping your future.
...combined with practical real-world experience...
Both in and beyond the classroom, we believe nothing teaches like experience. So we provide varied opportunities both on and off campus to gain it. You might work with clients in our campus speech clinic or learn from an internationally acclaimed composer in a weeklong seminar. You might collaborate with professors to study the effects of drug use on brain cells or write a business plan for an entrepreneur. You could work as an intern in a TV news department or as an aide for a national political campaign. Baldwin Wallace’s location just 20 minutes from downtown Cleveland provides students with big opportunities while studying in a beautiful suburban campus environment.
...completed in four years—guaranteed!
BW values your time. If you do your part but don’t graduate in four years, we’ll do our part and pay for the time it takes you to finish. We believe in affordable excellence—and one way to dramatically cut the cost of higher education is for students to earn their degrees in four years.
The best part is you’ll be prepared for life after BW. Our graduates transition from internships to careers in Cleveland and across the country, taking advantage of networking opportunities along the way. In a post-graduation alumni survey, nine out of 10 BW students had found rewarding jobs or entered the graduate or professional school of their choice within six months of graduation.
You should be here!
Students describe Baldwin Wallace as friendly, supportive, and welcoming. Experience BW’s unique community by scheduling a campus visit—in person or virtually. See how BW’s unsurpassed academic tradition, location, environment, and commitment to affordability inspire lifelong success.
Ranked among the Midwest's Best Universities | U.S. News & World Report (for 27 consecutive years)
Highly ranked | Washington Monthly, Forbes, Kiplinger, The Economist, Money magazine
Awarded the prestigious STARS Silver rating from the international Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE)
Gold-rated "2021-2022 Military Friendly® Schools"
Ranked among the "Top Workplaces in Northeast Ohio" | The Plain Dealer/cleveland.com
• Founded in 1845, Baldwin Wallace University prides itself on being one of the first schools in the US to admit students without regard to race or gender.
• Located in Berea, Ohio—a safe suburban community with tree-lined streets, parks, and shops—just 20 minutes from downtown Cleveland.
• BW recently opened the Austin E. Knowlton Center, a 55,000 square foot, cutting-edge hub for our computer science, mathematics, physics and engineering majors.
• Home to the internationally respected BW Conservatory of Music
• 90% of our graduates find employment or enter the graduate school of their choice within six months of graduation.
• Experiential Learning: Every BW student applies what he/she learns in the classroom through experiential learning—travel, service, internships, field experience, research, clinics or other hands-on experience—required for all degrees.
• NCAA Division III athletic teams competing in the Ohio Athletic Conference (OAC) in 24 varsity sports:
Men’s baseball, basketball, cross-country, football, golf, lacrosse, soccer, swimming & diving, tennis, track & field (indoor and outdoor), volleyball, and wrestling
Women’s basketball, cross-country, golf, lacrosse, soccer, softball, swimming & diving, tennis, track & field (indoor and outdoor), and volleyball
• A distinctive collection of programs, spearheaded by the BW Center for Innovation & Growth, fosters entrepreneurship skills to prepare students for innovation and career agility.
Total enrollment: 3,024 students
Graduate students: 469
Undergraduate tuition & fees (2022-2023)
Tuition and Fees: $36,850
Room and Board: $12,796
Conservatory tuition & fees (2022-2023)
Tuition and Fees: $39,872
Room and Board: $12,796
Standardized test policy: Fully test-optional; students not submitting scores will still be eligible for merit scholarships.
Merit scholarship range: $12,000–$21,000 for first-year students, renewable up to four years (see bw.edu/affordability)
“The relationships I have with my professors are incredible. They genuinely care about me and want to support me in whatever way they can.”
“I’ve had so many opportunities to apply what I’ve learned in the classroom to real-world situations. BW is propelling me forward, personally and professionally.”