Make your mark on the marketplace
The vision of the Department of Business and Technologies is to provide both undergraduate and graduate degree programs that meet the diverse educational needs and professional goals of students seeking to integrate Christian values into their work worlds. Whether you're interested in marketing, accounting, finance, business administration, or sport management, Malone's business programs will equip you with the knowledge, skills, and experience you need to be a successful participant in today's ever-changing marketplace.
Today's college graduates change careers (not just jobs) an average of five times during their lifetime. Through the integration of faith and learning, the Malone experience prepares you for jobs that don't yet exist and equips you to serve the world around you in a manner that demonstrates Christ's Kingdom First. Our faculty, who are world-class scholars in their fields of expertise, create curriculum with rigor and depth, positioning our graduates to secure fulfilling jobs and graduate program admission all over the country.
Our Canton, Ohio location strategically places Malone students in the heart of Northeast Ohio, where they can easily access internships, practicum, and student teaching opportunities.
And with a call to love our students, faculty and staff embrace their daily work by creating an environment on campus which uniquely invites students to grow intellectually, spiritually, and professionally.
At Malone, our goal is to provide you with transformative experiences in the classroom and community life
We are unmistakably, unapologetically Christian. We love Jesus and we want our students to love Him, too. The Pendle Hill Pledge will help you discover who you God has called you to be and provide you with the tools to help you get there. Students benefit from one-on-one mentoring relationships to help them discover their gifts and prepare them for a purposeful and meaningful life and career. We prepare you to be a servant leader by modeling service in our community. The Malone community stands out in our region, collectively and individually, for going the extra mile for those in need. Malone graduates get hired and advance in their careers because of their ability to write, speak, think critically and creatively, and work with a variety of people in a variety of settings.
Receive a private Christian education that is comparable in cost to what families pay at a public institution. A Malone education is an investment in your future.
Malone, Canton's University, is at the crossroads of a vibrant corporate corridor which includes Cleveland, Akron, Columbus, and Pittsburgh.
With numerous schools, medical care facilities, corporations, and recreation, students enjoy countless possibilities for off-campus jobs and internships, co-op and practicum experiences, and student teaching opportunities.
For fun, Canton boasts a variety of hangout places, dining hot-spots, cultural attractions and recreational destinations. Within an hour’s drive, visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the woods and trails of the Cuyahoga Valley National Park, the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo, more than 40 golf courses, outstanding museums of art and natural history, and all the fun of Ohio’s “North Coast.”
• The Department of Business and Technologies values Christian ethics. We build and grow leaders by integrating Christian principles into our curriculum.
• Our Christ-centered passion for academic excellence allows you to cultivate your skills and talents within our student organizations such as Student Managed Investment Fund Club, The Association of Accountants and Financial Professionals in Business, and Sport Management Association.
• Our faculty team teaches with a wealth of experience and knowledge at doctorate levels.
• Because of Malone’s proximity to a metropolitan area and Malone’s respected reputation, you will have numerous internship opportunities to help you discover your calling. You will be able to get hands-on experience at non-profit organizations, churches, small businesses, or corporations.
• In the Department of Business and Technologies, you will be educated and discipled in ways that challenge your intellect, encourage your faith, and develop your character. We will encourage you to maximize the benefits of your time here at Malone.
• We will encourage you to pick up a minor or even a second major. With guidance you can typically complete both in four years to maximize the benefits of your liberal arts education.