Here, you’re home.
• Founded in 1890; 1,325 students from 35 states and 29 countries
• 13:1 student-faculty ratio; average class size of 19
• 22 NCAA teams; intramural sports and outdoor recreation program
• More than 50% of WVWC students participating in community service
• More than 90% of Wesleyan students receiving scholarships and grants
• Beautiful campus in one of the best small college towns in America
• Inclusive and diverse creative arts program with ensembles; productions; and majors in Dance, Music, Musical Theatre, and Theatre (Dance minor offered)
West Virginia Wesleyan College’s Academic Majors and Programs
- Drawing and Painting
- Graphic Design
- Pre-art Therapy
• Arts Administration (Art)
• Arts Administration (Music)
• Arts Administration (Theatre Arts)
• Athletic Training
• Business Administration
• Chemical Hygiene Officer
• Christian Formation
• Communication Studies
• Computer Information Science
• Computer Science
• Contract Major (Individualized)
• Criminal Justice
• Educational Studies
• Engineering (3-2)
• Environmental Studies
• Exercise Science
• Gender Studies
• International Studies
• Media Studies
• Music (Applied, Theory)
• Music Education
• Musical Theatre
• Philosophy and Religion
• Political Science
• Pre-drama Therapy
• Pre-physical Therapy
• Pre-veterinary Medicine
• Public Relations
• Social Justice Studies
• Sports Business
• Theatre Arts
• Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
• Master of Business Administration
- All Business majors and minors include a five-year MBA degree option.
• Master of Fine Arts (MFA) in Creative Writing
• Master of Science in Athletic Training
• Master of Science in Nursing
West Virginia Wesleyan is a private, residential, church- related college with more than 1,325 students that offers a personalized academic experience and a 13:1 student-faculty ratio. Students can choose from more than 40 majors and 40 minors. Student life opportunities include 22 NCAA Division II teams, intramurals, performing arts, student government, outdoor recreation, community service, religious life, eSports, and Greek life. More than 90% of students receive scholarships and grants. Wesleyan has a 97% combined graduate school and job placement rate (with 85% of the 2017 class reporting).
Real personal attention separates West Virginia Wesleyan College from other institutions. We don’t believe “personal attention” is a buzzword but rather a real thing we put into practice every day. From admission until graduation, each student is a talented and unique member whom the campus community supports.
A key strength and source of personal attention at West Virginia Wesleyan College is our faculty. Faculty members at Wesleyan know each of their students individually and give out home telephone numbers and email addresses. Classes are small (average of 19 students), and all are taught by professors. Faculty members at Wesleyan teach and advise, ensuring that all students have their own advisor who knows their personal and educational needs.
Wesleyan’s Student Success Center assists students with internships and study abroad programs. Several study abroad courses are offered during the May Term. An Honors Program is offered to recognize and challenge the most academically talented students.
You belong at WVWC. Call our Office of Admission at 800-722-9933 to set up a visit tailored to your needs. Our website, wvwc.edu, has information on specific major programs, student life, and updated listings of our visit days.