In today’s changing economy and marketplace, it’s important to choose an education that really prepares you for your future. That’s exactly what you’ll find at Chatham University.
Programs of study
Chatham offers a wide range of both undergraduate and graduate areas of study.
Majors and Minors
Italic = only offered as a minor or concentration
• African American Studies
• Applied Data Science Analytics
• Art History
• Art Museum Studies
• Arts Management
• Biology: Cell and Molecular
• Biology: Human Biology
• Business: Accounting
• Business: Economics
• Business: International
• Business: Management
• Business: Management Information Systems
• Business: Marketing
• Communication: Graphic Design
• Communication: Human Communication
• Communication: Journalism
• Communication: Public Relations
• Creative Writing (BFA)
• Cultural Studies
- Early Childhood Education (PreK-4)
- Secondary Education: Art (K-12)
- Secondary Education: Biology (7-12)
- Secondary Education: Chemistry (7-12)
- Secondary Education: English (7-12)
- Secondary Education: History/Social Studies (7-12)
- Secondary Education: Mathematics (7-12)
- Secondary Education: Physics (7-12)
• Environmental Science
• Exercise Science
• Interior Architecture
• International Business
• International Studies: Africa
• International Studies: Asia
• International Studies: Europe
• International Studies: Latin America
• International Studies: Middle East
• Media Arts: Film and Digital Technology
• Media Arts: Graphic Design
• Media Arts: Photography
• Nursing (Pathways to Nursing BSN)
• Policy Studies
• Political Science
• Pre-law Program
• Professional Writing
• Social Services Administration
• Social Work
• Sustainability: Natural Resource Management
• Sustainability: Policy and Communication
• Sustainability: Sustainable Business and Management
• Sustainability: Sustainable Technology
• Visual Arts: Art History
• Visual Arts: Studio Arts
• Women’s and Gender Studies
Integrated Degree Programs
• Doctor of Physical Therapy
• Master of Accounting
• Master of Arts in Food Studies
• Master of Arts in Integrated Design
• Master of Arts in Psychology
• Master of Arts in Teaching
• Master of Business Administration
• Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing
• Master of Fine Arts in Film and Digital Technology
• Master of Occupational Therapy
• Master of Physician Assistant Studies
• Master of Professional Writing
• Master of Science in Athletic Training
• Master of Science in Biology
• Master of Science in Counseling Psychology
• Master of Science in Green Chemistry
• Master of Sustainability
NCAA Division III Athletics
• Ice Hockey
• Swimming & Diving
• Track & Field
• Ice Hockey
• Swimming & Diving
• Track & Field
Chatham provides more than 2,100 students a solid education built upon strong academics, public leadership, and global awareness. Here you will be encouraged to make the most of your studies. You will find yourself in classrooms and on campus with students who are just as passionate about learning as you are. With an undergraduate student-faculty ratio of 10:1, faculty members—not teaching assistants—teach all classes and advise students.
You’ll also find a deep commitment to sustainability that permeates all that we do. Chatham is the alma mater of environmental pioneer Rachel Carson ’29, and we’re leading the way in carrying out her vision.
Within our Falk School of Sustainability, School of Health Sciences, and School of Arts, Science, and Business, we offer more than 60 programs geared for tomorrow’s economy and job market. And with guaranteed access for qualified students to graduate programs like Physician Assistant Studies, Occupational Therapy, and Physical Therapy during their senior year, Chatham’s Integrated Degree Programs can help students earn both bachelor’s and master’s degrees in as few as five years, saving time and money.
Students may also register for classes at any of Pittsburgh’s nine other colleges and universities. The ChathamAbroad program offers international travel and study for every student and provides a $1,200 scholarship to help lower your costs. Mentoring programs link students to more than 450 internships nationwide and around the world.
Fully online programs are available in Business, Psychology, Nursing, and Healthcare and Business Management.
Internships and tutorials
In addition to all of the expected college courses, students complete experiential learning such as internships and shadowing. Plus, all students complete an integrated capstone seminar, providing you a way to showcase your education to future employers or graduate schools. You’ll also have the chance to do special projects, participate in important research, and take cutting-edge courses to help you craft the career you want.
Chatham will prepare you for your next steps after graduation. Here you will start your career preparation during your first year of classes through a four-year plan that will help you develop the skills employers look for.
Enjoy campus life
Chatham’s 39-acre Shadyside Campus is nestled in a historic neighborhood located minutes from downtown Pittsburgh. In the city you will find easy access to transportation, a comfortable cost of living, and a ton of things to do. You’ll also be in an area with more than 70,000 other college students, since several other universities are located within minutes of Chatham.
Our Eden Hall Campus is located on 388 acres of forest north of Pittsburgh and serves as the home of the new Falk School of Sustainability. It boasts a cutting-edge green environment and LEED buildings. Our Eastside location is located in the trendy East End, less than one mile from the Shadyside Campus, and is home to graduate classes in the health sciences and Interior Architecture programs.
Technological updates such as MacBook Airs provided to all undergraduates, a new athletic and fitness center, and a $10 million science complex keep students connected both in and out of the classroom.
Chatham hosts men’s and women’s NCAA Division III athletic teams—including men’s and women’s ice hockey and lacrosse—in our spacious Athletic and Fitness Center.