Experience More Than a Great University.
• Type: Private, coeducational
• Colleges: Arts and Sciences, Business, Engineering, and Pharmacy and Health Sciences, plus a School of Law
• Student-faculty ratio: 12:1
• Average class size: 18 students
• 2,600 full-time undergraduates
• 3,800 total students (undergraduate, graduate, and Law) from 37 states and territories, plus 25 countries
• 63% of full-time undergraduates are male and 37% are female.
• 64% of full-time undergraduates live on campus (80% of first-year students).
• 98% of undergraduates receive financial assistance through the University.
• Tuition: Arts and Sciences and Business—$34,338; Engineering—$35,886; room and board: $13,590
• More than 70 clubs and organizations
• Team: The Golden Bears
• 19 varsity Division III sports
majors and programs
College of Arts and Sciences
• Actuarial Sciences
• American Studies
- Corporate Communication
- Health Communication
- Media Theory and Production
- Public Relations
• Computer Science
• Creative Writing
• Criminal Justice
• Forensic Biology
• Forensic Chemistry
• Health Sciences
• Health Studies
- Pre-physician Assistant
• Information Technology
• International Studies
• Law and Society
• Mathematical Sciences
• Political Science
• Social Work
College of Business
• Arts and Entertainment Management
• Business Analytics and Information Management
• General Business
• International Business
• Management and Leadership
• Marketing Communication/Advertising
• Pharmaceutical Business
• Sport Management
College of Engineering
• Biomedical Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Computer Engineering
• Electrical Engineering
• Industrial Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering
Combined Degree Programs
• 3+3 Law Program
• Five-Year Bachelor/MBA
• Five-Year Bachelor/MS in Organizational Leadership
• Five-Year Bachelor/MS in Sport Leadership
• Five-Year Bachelor/MSA
• Five-Year BS/MS in Civil Engineering
• Five-Year BS/MS in Electrical Engineering
• Five-Year BS/MS in Engineering
• Five-Year BS/MS in Industrial Engineering
• Five-Year BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering
• Six-Year Engineering/Law Program
Did you know we’re test optional?
Visit wne.edu/tuition for details.
Would you like to be a part of exciting research to offer a pain-free testing device for diabetic patients? Do you want to rekindle your childhood love of Disney as an intern? Or are you up for a trip with your Business professors to study the next Olympic Games? If you’ve got big plans, get ready to dive rightinto a great university experience.
More than ready—prepared to succeed
• In a survey of the Class of 2017, 90% were employed/offered jobs within six months of graduation. Others enrolled in graduate school.
• Our graduates have been hired at Pratt & Whitney, the Massachusetts State Police, KPMG, the Smithsonian, the Red Sox, E! News, and more.
• All students can gain real-world experience through more than 1,000 internship sites.
More than academics—innovative learning experiences
• First-year Engineering students are immersed in the design and innovation process, producing their own smart devices by spring semester.
• An impressive 62% of last year’s Business seniors were SAP Software Certified, expertise that puts our graduates in demand.
• Through the Early Assurance Admissions program (EAP), qualifying high school seniors applying to the Pre-pharmacy program can be assured a seat in the Pharmacy program. They will earn a BS in Pharmacies Studies and a PharmD degree.
• Arts and Sciences or Business students can spend a semester at Regent’s University London, where they’re taught by WNE and Regent professors.
Experience New England
Western New England University is located in Springfield, Massachusetts, just three hours from New York City, 90 minutes from Boston, and 30 minutes from Hartford and Bradley International Airport.
We’re picture perfect
Our beautiful 215-acre campus is set in a residential neighborhood. Housing options include traditional residence halls, suites, apartments, and townhouses.
Ready to learn more?
Visit wne.edu to take a virtual tour, explore majors, register for an open house, or apply.
In its annual “America’s Best Colleges” edition, U.S. News & World Report ranks Western New England University in the top tier of the “Regional Universities—North” category of colleges and universities offering a full range
of undergraduate and master’s programs.
With the addition of our new University Commons, over $90 million has been invested in facilities since 2011.
Merit Scholarships for high school academic performance range from $8,000–$21,000 (renewable each year).