AT A GLANCE
• School type: Private, coeducational
• Colleges: Arts & Sciences, Business, Engineering, and Pharmacy & Health Sciences, plus a School of Law
• Student-faculty ratio: 12:1
• Average class size: 18 students
• 2,580 full-time undergraduates
• 3,825 total students (undergraduate, graduate, and Law) from 37 states and territories, plus 25 countries
Financing Your Education
• Academic Merit Scholarships from $10,000–$22,000 per year
• FIRST Robotics: $1,000
• Women in Business or Engineering: $5,000
• Business Impact: $2,000
• Leadership Grant: $3,000
• 98% of undergraduates receive financial assistance through the University.
- Arts & Sciences and Business: $35,454
- Engineering: $37,054
- Room and board: $14,034 (premium single rooms available)
• More than 70 clubs and organizations
• Team: The Golden Bears
• 20 varsity Division III sports (women’s ice hockey new for 2020!)
College of Arts and Sciences
• Actuarial Sciences
• American Studies
- Health Communication
- Media and Journalism
- Public Relations
• Computer Science
• Creative Writing
• Criminal Justice
• Forensic Biology
• Forensic Chemistry
• Health Sciences
• Health Studies
• Information Technology
• International Studies
• Law and Society
• Mathematical Sciences
• Political Science
• Pre-physician Assistant
• Social Work
COLLEGE OF BUSINESS
• Business Analytics and Information Management
• General Business
• International Business
• Management and Leadership
• Marketing Communication/Advertising
• Pharmaceutical Business
• Sport Management
COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
• Biomedical Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Computer Engineering
• Electrical Engineering
• Industrial Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering
COMBINED DEGREE PROGRAMS
• 3+3 Law Program
• 4-Year Bachelor’s/MSA (new!)
• 5-Year Bachelor’s/MBA
• 5-Year Bachelor’s/MS in Organizational Leadership
• 5-Year Bachelor’s/MS in Sport Leadership
• 5-Year Bachelor’s/MSA
• 5-Year BS/MS in Civil Engineering
• 5-Year BS/MS in Electrical Engineering
• 5-Year BS/MS in Engineering Management
• 5-Year BS/MS in Industrial Engineering
• 5-Year BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering
• 6-Year Engineering/Law Program
Did you know we’re test optional?
Visit wne.edu/tuition for details.
Do you want to rekindle your childhood love of Disney as an intern? Or are you up for a Down Under winter break trip with your professors to study international business in Australia? Would you like to be a part of exciting research using acoustic wave filtration in medical treatments? This is your time to dream big and build a portfolio of experiences that will lead you to a rewarding career. And the place is Western New England University.
Get career ready
• Our graduates have been hired at Pratt & Whitney, the Massachusetts State Police, KPMG, the Smithsonian, the Red Sox, E! News, and more.
• All students can gain real-world experience through more than 1,000 internship sites.
• First-year Engineering students are immersed in the design and innovation process from day one, producing their own smart devices by spring semester.
• An impressive 72% of last year’s Business seniors were SAP software certified, expertise that puts our graduates in demand.
• Through the Early Assurance Program (EAP), qualifying high school seniors applying to the Pre-pharmacy program can be assured a seat in the Pharmacy program. They will earn a BS in Pharmacy Studies and later a PharmD.
• Faculty-led travel courses take students to such destinations as London, Italy, Spain, Cuba, China, and more.
A 2019 report from the career website Zippia found Western New England University to be #5 in the nation and #1 in Massachusetts when it comes to preparing graduates for the job market. The analysis by Zippia utilized data from the federal government’s College Scorecard, which looks at employment rates of students who received federal financial aid 10 years after they graduate. WNE is now ranked among National Universities in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Colleges” 2020 and is ranked in the Doctoral/Professional Universities category in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education.