Educating with strength and purpose at the intersection of faith and learning since 1841
Samford University is a premier, nationally ranked private university deeply rooted in its Christian mission. We champion a liberal arts education and are committed to providing a well-rounded educational experience. With more than 5,600 students from 47 states and 28 countries and a global network of over 52,000 alumni, Samford is the #1 most recommended university in the nation, according to The Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education College Rankings 2020.
Whether your dream is to inspire others with your words, crunch numbers in the boardroom, or lead people in the hope you share, Samford is committed to fostering your aspirations and helping you reach your goals. We offer more than 180 majors, minors, and concentrations and is committed to providing an excellent education that prepares students to make a positive impact on the world. We’re here to equip you with the skills you need for the excellence we know you’re capable of achieving.
Located in the quaint suburban community of Homewood, Alabama, Samford’s close access to downtown Birmingham gives students an energetic urban hub filled with more than one million residents, 1,300 churches, and hundreds of restaurants. Here, students find opportunities to pursue their individual passions and learn along the way. From landing your dream internship to tubing down the Cahaba River with your best friends, your college years will be full of moments that will shape the person you’re meant to become.
We know that the college experience is about more than the memorization of facts and figures—that’s why we seek connection in all that we do. Our 166 student organizations aren’t just a statistic we put on a page to impress you. These clubs, intramural teams, and honors programs are your opportunity to become known and develop friendships that will prepare you for the future.
#1 in the Nation for Student Engagement | The Wall Street Journal, 2022 (Student engagement assesses how challenged and inspired students feel inside and outside the classroom, as well as the breadth of courses their schools offer.)
#66 in the nation and #1 in Alabama for "Best Undergraduate Teaching" | U.S. News & World Report, 2022
Ranked #32 and #1 in Alabama among "The Best Colleges for Financial Aid" | LendEdu, 2023
97% of undergraduate alumni employed or in further study within six months of graduation, 2022
Brock School of Business
Howard College of Arts and Sciences
Moffett and Sanders School of Nursing
McWhorter School of Pharmacy
Orlean Beeson School of Education
School of the Arts
School of Health Professions
School of Public Health
• Fast-track Master of Accountancy (MAcc) with a BSBA in Accounting
• Fast-track Master of Divinity (MDiv) with a BA in selected majors*
Health Professions, Pharmacy, Public Health
• Fast-track Master of Healthcare Administration (MHCA) with a BS in Healthcare Administration
• Fast-track Master of Public Health (MPH) with a BA or BS in selected majors*
• Fast-track Master of Science (MS) in Speech Language Pathology with a BS in Communication Sciences and Disorders
• Fast-track Master of Social Work (MSW) with a BA or BS in selected majors*
• Fast-track Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) with a BS in Pharmacy Studies
• Fast-track Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) with a BS in Exercise Science*
• Fast-track Juris Doctor (JD) with a BA or BS in selected majors
* Selected undergraduate majors available for the following graduate programs:
• Fast-Track Master of Divinity: Biblical Studies, Christian Ministry, Religion, Religion with a Ministry Leadership concentration
• Fast-Track Master of Public Health: Health Sciences, Human Development and Family Science, Public Health, Sociology
• Fast-Track Master of Social Work: Foods and Nutrition, Global and Cultural Studies, Health Sciences, Human Development and Family Science, Psychology, Public Health, Religion, Sociology
• Fast-Track Juris Doctor: English, Human Development and Family Science, Journalism and Mass Communication and more
“Study abroad with Samford was more than just a line on my resume—it was a rich experience that helped me grow as a person. If you have a dream to go somewhere, the people at Samford do all they can to make it work."
“People at Samford accept you as you are and love you enough to keep pushing you to grow. We’re always challenging each other to live up to Christ’s example and supporting each other’s dreams.”
“Samford is what college is supposed to be. I was challenged not just to learn new ideas but to understand them. Here, we’re invited to an education that calls us, in the words of Micah 6:8, “to seek justice, love mercy, and walk humbly.””
“Samford gave me the confidence to know I may not have all the answers, but I can get them—and with that mindset, I can learn to do anything.”
“I left Samford with more than an education. I left with wisdom. Character can get you in doors that your achievements never will.”
“I graduated in May and began working for an NFL team the next week. I couldn’t have done that without the real-world training of my Samford practicum and the inspiration of my professors.”
“My professors at Samford believed in me before I believed in myself.”