Well, where do you want to go? It’s perfectly okay if you don’t know today. College is a remarkable journey of exploration and discovery, and we’re ready to be your guide.
At the University of Dayton, there’s more to learning and growing than classes and textbooks. While your course work is essential, a lot of important learning happens in the real world.
Whether you jet across the globe to install water purification systems in Uganda, study business for a semester in China, or volunteer a few miles away at a local school, you’ll engage with the world. At the University of Dayton, we know you’ll become a key member of a community united by shared beliefs, inspired ideas, and, of course, Flyer basketball.
As a Catholic, Marianist institution, we aim to educate the whole person—creating a unique community of curious minds and compassionate hearts. We constantly use what we learn and apply it in our own backyard and around the world to make a difference in the lives of others. Through improving the world, we improve ourselves.
Making a difference starts right here at the University of Dayton.
Let’s work toward the common good together.
• We are a top-tier Catholic research university.
• Approximately 85% of students live on campus—get ready to join the neighborhood!
• We’re the #1 Catholic universityin the nation for sponsored engineering research and development.
• With more than 270 clubs and organizations, you’ll always discover new interests.
• With our Bachelor’s Plus Master’s program, you can earn your bachelor’s degree and master’s degree at an accelerated pace.
• With more than 8,200 undergraduates, a 15:1 student-faculty ratio, and an average class size of 26, we are constantly engaged and inspired by one another.
• Our students are ranked among the happiest in the country, and 96% are employed, volunteering, or in graduate school within six months of graduation.
• When’s the game? You’ll certainly hear about it on campus. Our Division I athletics offer thrills for athletes and spectators alike, and more than half of our students compete in intramurals.
• Study, work, or volunteer opportunities are available on every continent except Antarctica.
Complete list of majors
COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCES
• Applied Mathematical Economics
• Art Education
• Art History
- Communication Management
- Media Production
- Public Relations
• Computer Information Systems
• Computer Science
• Criminal Justice Studies
• Environmental Biology
• Environmental Geology
• Fine Arts
• Graphic Design
• Human Rights Studies
• International Studies
• Medicinal-Pharmaceutical Chemistry
• Music Composition
• Music Education
• Music Performance
• Music Therapy
• Physical Science
• Physics—Computer Science
• Political Science
• Religious Studies
• Theatre, Dance, and Performance Technology
• Visual Arts
• Women’s and Gender Studies
• Discover Arts
• Discover Sciences
School of Business Administration
• Business Economics
• International Business Management
• Management Information Systems
• Operations and Supply Management
• Discover Business
School of Education and Health Sciences
• Health and Sport Science
- Exercise Physiology
- Exercise Science
- Pre-physical Therapy
- Sport Management
• Teacher Education
- Adolescence to Young Adult Education
- Early Childhood Education
- Foreign Language Education
- Intervention Specialist (Special Education)
- Middle Childhood Education/Intervention Specialist
- Secondary Catholic Religious Education
- Discover Teacher Education
School of Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Discover Engineering
• Engineering Technology
- Electronic and Computer Engineering Technology
- Global Manufacturing Systems Engineering Technology
- Industrial Engineering Technology
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Discover Engineering Technology