AT A GLANCE
History: University of Detroit was founded in 1877 by the Society of Jesus; Mercy College of Detroit was founded in 1941 by the Religious Sisters of Mercy. In 1990, the two institutions consolidated to form the University of Detroit Mercy.
Academics: Average 3.6 GPA and average ACT score of 25 or SAT score of 1146 for entering freshman class
• Early Action admission: November 1
• Scholarship priority:December 1
• Regular admission: March 1
• Program-specific deadlines may apply; visit udmercy.edu/deadlines.
100+ academic degrees and programs
• Academic Interest and Major Exploration
• Addiction Studies
• Architectural Engineering
• Business Administration
• Civil Engineering
• Communication Studies
• Computer Science
• Criminal Justice
• Dental Hygiene
• Electrical Engineering
• Financial Economics
• Health Information Management and Technology
• Health Services Administration
• Mechanical Engineering
• Political Science
• Pre-dentistry Engineering Track
• Pre-medicine Engineering Track
• Pre-physician Assistant
• Religious Studies
• Robotics and Mechatronic Systems Engineering
• Social Work
• 5-Year Accounting
• 5-Year Biochemistry/Environmental Engineering
• 5-Year Biology/Environmental Engineering
• 5-Year Business Administration
• 5-Year Chemistry/Environmental Engineering
• 5-Year Civil/Environmental Engineering
• 5-Year Computer Science/Software Engineering
• 5-Year Criminal Justice
• 5-Year Criminal Justice/Intelligence Analysis
• 5-Year Cybersecurity
• 5-Year Cybersecurity/Information Assurance
• 5-Year Cybersecurity/Intelligence Analysis
• 5-Year Economics
• 5-Year Electrical/Computer Engineering
• 5-Year Financial Economics
• 5-Year Mechanical Engineering
• 5-Year Physician Assistant
• 5-Year Robotics and Mechatronic Systems Engineering
• 6-Year Architectural/Civil and Environmental Engineering
• 7-Year Dentistry
* Only available to first-year students entering from high school
Detroit Mercy is more than just another big-city school. We’re a vibrant and diverse community in an iconic American city. Academic excellence and unique service learning are hallmarks of our education. We offer more than 100 academic programs from distinguished, award-winning faculty.
Thriving urban setting
Detroit Mercy is an integral part of the historical richness and diversity of the city. We’ve built a reputation of strength and resilience that is woven into the tapestry of each student’s educational journey.
Our students have access to a hands-on laboratory of possibilities through internships and cooperative education assignments at Fortune 500 companies and other major corporations. Be a part of groundbreaking change in a city buzzing with new life and cultural influence. Home to countless innovative start-ups, the city is in the fastest-growing region for technology careers—perfect for budding entrepreneurs.
You’ll find effortless balance with an ignited social scene, including national music festivals, world-class restaurants, posh nightlife, energetic streetfairs, concerts, theatre, championship sports, influential architecture, thezoo, and world-class museums.
It’s our Jesuit and Mercy traditions that make Detroit Mercy truly unique. Our academics emphasize ethics, social responsibility, and community service—the lifeline and drive behind the spirit of our community. Our students don’t just learn how to make the world a better place—they actually do it.
A boundless future
We prepare the ethical leaders of tomorrow. With 96% of students employed, in graduate school, or volunteering within six months of graduation, Detroit Mercy graduates are ready to make a positive impact on society. Our expansive alumni network of 88,000 stands ready to assist graduates in building meaningful careers and exemplary lives.
Detroit Mercy is one of the best colleges in the country based on graduation rate, degree cost, and return on investment. We recently reset our tuition from $42,000 to $28,000, making a Detroit Mercy education an even greater value.
Academic scholarships range in value up to $13,000. The Catholic Education University Grant, which ranges in value from $500–$1,000, is available exclusively for Catholic school graduates. For a complete list of scholarships and grants, go to udmercy.edu/freshman_scholarships.
To get a better sense of your scholarship and financial aid options, visit udmercy.edu/freshman_calculator.