A mind for business. A spirit for competition. A passion for leadership.
The Tabor School of Business prepares students to perform and compete. Ready for the market, confident in themselves, and knowledgeable in research, our students engage with faculty who are fiercely committed to teaching. Students work with real clients in the community and around the world, create and run real businesses, and leave Millikin confident and prepared to lead.
Tabor has an array of undergraduate programs in the contemporary and emerging business disciplines of Accounting, Business Communication, Business Management, Cybersecurity, Digital Media Marketing, Entrepreneurship, International Business, Finance, Management Information Systems, and Organizational Leadership (online).
Additionally, Tabor features a highly acclaimed MBA program geared toward established business professionals with a specialty in executive management (17 month program) and those just completing their bachelor’s degree. Students can specialize in data analytics or project management (12 month program).
Students learn and develop successful business practices. Students will be better prepared for their career path when they perform what they have learned. Performance Learning projects include student-run ventures, small business consulting teams, client projects, internships, auditing projects, business plans, student-managed investment fund, and numerous other opportunities to demonstrate their learning. Tabor students develop skills and attitudes needed to compete and succeed in the workplace by:
• Doing in-field work early and often.
• Customizing their experience by learning marketable skills through certificates.
• Take an optional fifth year and complete a Master’s of Business Administration (MBA).
The four-year experience
Tabor students have an integrated experience with companion learning labs that tie key components together. The four-year experience involves:
Year 1: Early Business Engagement
Year 2: Sharpened Thinking and Enhanced Communication
Year 3: Expertise Building, Management, and Leadership
Year 4: Demonstrating Mastery
Students who major in Tabor:
• Develop a personal brand and vision.
• Create business plans and assess risk.
• Use spreadsheets, word processing, database, and project management software to get work done.
• Prepare financial statements and communicate financial information.
• Use financial and statistical information to make decisions.
• Create and deliver formal written reports and oral business presentations, lead meetings, and engage in professional conversations.
• Work with third parties in the community early and often.
• Develop strategic plans.