Where the Community Grows
Saint Joseph’s College of Maine weaves together the space, skills, and spirit that every student can use to grow into a community leader.
On a lakeside campus located in southern Maine, Saint Joseph’s College offers more than 40 academic programs and actively mentors all first-year students. A liberal arts college open to all faiths, Saint Joseph’s provides a values-centered education that serves each student—and the world.
Community-based learning is an integral component of the SJC learning experience. Students get hands-on, real-world experience—making a real difference in Maine’s communities. Whether you’re a natural-born leader or looking to step outside your comfort zone, there’s an option for you.
Saint Joseph’s is a place that opens doors to the future. Students feel important here because they matter here. Come for a visit to discover a place where students realize their promise in an environment that embraces values and commitment.
Advantages of choosing Saint Joseph’s College
• Our faculty’s commitment to each student opens doors for you.
• A 13:1 student-faculty ratio and an average class size of 16 students ensure you’re seen, heard, and engaged.
• Students can earn a $2,000 stipend for experiential learning.
• Spend a semester immersed in the sciences out in the field with our Environmental Science Semester. You’ll travel across two countries, two states, and six Maine islands, gathering and interpreting data from field sites.
• Choose from 21 NCAA Division III athletic teams.
Majors and financial aid
• Popular majors include Biology, Business, Criminal Justice, Education, Exercise Science, and Nursing.
• More majors are offered in professional fields, social sciences, natural sciences, and the humanities.
• Pre-professional partnerships are available in optometry, pharmacy, and medicine.
• More than 96% of students receive financial aid.
• We work closely with families to make sure they get the best aid package possible.
• Merit- and need-based scholarships up to $20,000 are available to students, including visit scholarships.