Developing leaders in Education
One of today’s biggest challenges is ensuring that every child receives a great education. At Gonzaga University, we’re up for the challenge. Rooted in our tradition of Jesuit Catholic and humanistic education, we educate our students for lives of leadership and service for the common good. And there’s no better place to see that mission in action than in our School of Education. Gonzaga’s School of Education will train you to become a leader in education who impacts and inspires future generations of students.
We prepare socially responsive and discerning practitioners to serve their communities and professions.
• We model and promote leadership, scholarship, and professional competence in multiple specializations.
• We support an environment that is challenging, inclusive, reflective, and collegial.
• We foster inquiry, intellectual creativity, and evidence-based decision-making to accept the challenges facing a global society.
• We provide academic excellence in teaching, advising, service, and scholarship.
• We promote, support, and respect diversity.
Why pursue a program with Gonzaga’s School of Education?
• NCATE accreditation—a mark of distinction recognizing that the School of Education has met national standards for the preparation of educators
• Gonzaga’s Teacher Education program is accepted for certification in all 50 states.
• Gonzaga’s School of Education mentors its students in an integrated field and coursework environment.
• Students receive support from faculty who are committed to their success and career goals.
• Students are well prepared for licensure exams: in 2017–2018, Gonzaga students had a 98% edTPA First-Time Pass Rate.
• Certification Endorsements (Grade Levels)
- Designated Science: Biology, Chemistry, Physics (5-12)
- Designated World Languages: French & Spanish (P-12)
- Early Childhood Special Education(Birth-3)
- Elementary Education (K-8)
- English/Language Arts (5-12)
- English Language Learners (P-12)
- Health & Fitness (P-12)
- Mathematics (5-12)
- Music: Choral, General, Instrumental (P-12)
- Reading (P-12)
- Social Studies (History) (5-12)
- Special Education (P-12)
- Theatre Arts (P-12)
• Community, Culture & Language in Education
• Kinesiology & Physical Education
- Fitness Specialist
• Special Education
• Sport Management
• Master of Arts
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Marriage & Family Counseling
- School Counseling
• Master of Counselling (Canada)
Educational Leadership & Administration
• Doctor of Educational Leadership
• Master of Education in Educational Leadership (Canada-Alberta)
• Master of Education in Educational Leadership (Canada-British Columbia)
• Master of Education in Leadership (US)
• Education Specialist in School Psychology
• Master of Education in Special Education
Sport & Physical Education
• Master of Arts in Sport & Athletic Administration
• Master of Arts in Teaching English as a Second Language
• Master of Initial Teaching