Developing leaders in education
One of today’s biggest challenges is ensuring that every child receives a great education. At Gonzaga University, we’re up for that challenge. Rooted in our tradition of a Jesuit, Catholic, and humanistic education, we prepare our students for lives of leadership and service for the common good. Gonzaga’s School of Education trains students to become leaders in education who will impact and inspire future generations.
• We prepare socially responsive and discerning practitioners to serve their communities and professions.
• We model and promote leadership, scholarship, and professional competence in multiple specializations.
• We support an educational environment that is challenging, inclusive, reflective, and collegial.
• We foster inquiry, intellectual creativity, and evidence-based decision-making to accept the challenges facing a global society.
• We provide academic excellence in teaching, advising, service, and scholarship.
• We promote, support, and respect diversity.
Sport Management program
With small class sizes, we strive to create collaborative, hands-on classroom experiences directly linked to discovering a student’s professional aspirations in our Sport Management program. Two internships are required, and a minor in Business, Communication Studies, Journalism, Promotions, or another relevant specialty area is recommended. Our course curricula train students to become leaders in the sports industry by taking classes in the following areas:
• Sport promotions and sponsorship
• Ethical and legal aspects of sports
• Social and psychological aspects of sports and exercise
• Sports facility management
• Sports and fitness in the digital age
• Sports and activity in a diverse society
Pursuing Kinesiology with a Fitness Specialist concentration allows graduates to work as exercise physiologists, strength and conditioning coaches, community and youth sport camp leaders, fitness club programmers, or group activity instructors. Students can sit for national certification exams in multiple fitness specialties. The Kinesiology program with a Health & Fitness endorsement prepares students for Washington State Certification to teach health and fitness at the K–12 level.