William Paterson University of New Jersey
Jumpstart your career in Business
At William Paterson University, our greatest strength is helping you find yours. The University's Cotsakos College of Business—one of an elite group of Business colleges to achieve international accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)—offers a variety of challenging and rewarding degree paths to prepare you to excel in today’s global business environment.
Located in the state-of-the-art building at 1600 Valley Road, the College offers undergraduate programs in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Financial Planning, Global Business, Management, Marketing, and Professional Sales. Graduate students can pursue the Master of Business Administration (MBA) and other in-demand business programs either on campus or fully online. A wide range of 5-year accelerated programs allow students to shorten the time to achieving their MBA.
In the Cotsakos College of Business, you'll study in small classes taught by faculty who are recognized experts in their fields—often with significant industry experience. Gain real-world experience through internships, credit-earning practica, job shadowing, and mentoring programs, which are all designed to prepare you for a meaningful and productive career upon graduation.
You can also benefit from the College’s sophisticated resources including the Financial Learning Center, an active trading room that brings the world financial markets to campus, and the Russ Berrie Institute for Professional Sales with its Professional Sales Laboratory.
Best Regional Universities North | U.S. News & World Report
Top Public Schools | U.S. News & World Report
Top Performer on Social Mobility | U.S. News & World Report
Best Value Schools | U.S. News & World Report
Nation's Best Undergraduate Nursing Programs | U.S. News & World Report
Set on 407 wooded acres in WAYNE, HALEDON, and NORTH HALEDON, NEW JERSERY, campus is just three miles from the historic Great Falls in Paterson as well as just 20 miles from the rich cultural, artistic, and commercial life of New York City.
At William Paterson University, we continuously empower our students to achieve the goals they set for themselves. Here's what we offer to help students succeed!
• 11,000 hours of community service in one year: Our students give back, big time.
• A vibrant campus community: Set on 407 wooded suburban acres, there's always something exciting going on.
• Proximity to New York City: Just 20 miles away, you can almost bite the Big Apple from here.
• 31 club sports and intramural activities: From intramurals or club sports to intercollegiate athletics, the WP community offers something for everyone.
• 13 NCAA Division III athletic teams: Our student-athletes give it their all, and the continued support of our alumni is an integral part of our success.
• 100+ student clubs and organizations: Go Greek. Get social. Soak up some culture. Find your club or start one.
• Alumni network 82,000 strong: Our alumni are living proof that our students achieve greatness—on campus and out in the world.
• Faculty Fulbright Scholars: Think of our professors as Olympic Gold Medalists in Academics.
• One-to-one mentoring: You’ll find your academic guru and support system at WP.
• 2,000+ scholarships: Thousands of scholarships are available for an invaluable education at a great value.
• Smaller classes: Small can make a big difference.
• Hands-on experience opportunities: Undergrads wrap their arms around the real world in state-of-the-art labs, classrooms, and studios.
“The Cotsakos College of Business provided me with numerous opportunities. The challenging courses are centered on real-world knowledge that I applied to internships in tax and wealth management, and I was prepared to begin working on my professional licensure promptly after graduation. Outside of class, I took advantage of campus career fairs and résumé-building workshops, and participated in the University’s sales triathlon. I am thankful for these experiences and the memories I’ve made."
"Being part of the Costakos College of Business has allowed me to immerse myself in the world of finance through rigorous courses, research opportunities, and support from faculty members. I have completed my business honors thesis and have learned valuable skills that helped me receive two exceptional internships at Sax LLP and Becton Dickinson. WP has given me the tools to jumpstart my career."