Who doesn’t need a little musical inspiration to face their chemistry homework head on? Here are four playlists—one for math, history, literature, and science classes—to help energize that marathon study session. Plus, you can click on them for the YouTube playlist.
Most math homework is made up of complicated problems that require intense focus. These songs will help you do just that, while making your homework experience enjoyable.
- “We’re Going to be Friends” by The White Stripes
- “Concrete Wall” by Zee Avi
- “Blame It on Me” by George Ezra
- “Royals” by Lorde
- “Flowers in Your Hair” by The Lumineers
- “Lost in My Mind” by The Head and The Heart”
- “Love is Strange” by Mickey & Sylvia
- “Ol Fashioned Kiss” by ALA.NI
- “Entitled” by Leighton Meester
- “There Goes the Fear” by Doves
Check out the full math homework playlist on YouTube!
History homework is all about ideas. These songs are sure to stimulate your brains and get you thinking about the past. And, yes, they are in “chronological order.”
- “Walk Like an Egyptian” by The Bangles
- “Pompeii” by Bastille
- “Istanbul” by They Might be Giants
- “Three Coins in the Fountain” by Frank Sinatra
- “Joan of Arc” by Arcade Fire
- “The Infanta” by The Decembrists
- “Palace of Versailles” by Al Stewart
- “100$ Bill” by JAY Z
- “Holland, 1945” by Neutral Milk Hotel
- “We Didn’t Start the Fire” by Billy Joel
Check out the full history homework playlist on YouTube!
Lit homework is usually a lot of reading. These calm tunes will help you tune into the story at hand while sharpening your mind.
- “Daydreamer,” Adele
- “Your Song (From the Rehearsal Montage Scene),” Craig Armstrong (Moulin Rouge Soundtrack)
- “Born to Die,” Lana Del Rey
- “Syrup & Honey,” Duffy
- “Intro,” The xx
- “Unchained Melody,” Maurice Jane (Ghost Soundtrack)
- “Gymnopedie: No. 1,” Erik Satie
- “Almost Is Never Enough,” Ariana Grande
- “You and Me,” You+Me
- “Arabesque No. 1,” Claude Debussy
Check out the full literature homework playlist on YouTube!
Science homework is complicated, period. It requires a lot of effort. These songs will get you pumped for those challenging problems and keep your stamina up.
- “You Give Love a Bad Name” by Bon Jovi
- “Shut Up and Dance” by WALK THE MOON
- “Diane Young” by Vampire Weekend
- “The Denial Twist” by The White Stripes
- “Lisztomania” by Phoenix
- “Harlem” by New Politics
- “Hollaback Girl” by Gwen Stefani
- “Toxic” by Britney Spears
- “Froot” by Marina and The Diamonds
- “I Don’t Feel Like Dancin'” by Scissor Sisters
Check out the full science homework playlist on YouTube!
We hope these playlists help you make it through your studies a little easier. Music is the perfect way to get you in the zone, and when you curate a playlist ahead of time, you don’t have to worry about getting distracted with picking your next listen. Never underestimate the power of a good playlist!
If these playlists aren’t quite the ones for you, you can check out even more music for studying with the tag “playlists."