As a rapidly growing research institution on the cutting edge of science, technology, medicine, business, and the arts, The University of Texas at Dallas attracts a diverse group of students and faculty members to the vibrant, dynamic, and globally connected Dallas-Fort Worth area.
Create Your Own Guide
Go to utdallas.edu/guide today to find out how you can create your own guide—and create your future at UT Dallas.
Take our virtual tour at utdallas.edu/virtualtour.
Undergraduate Programs of Study
UT Dallas offers 141 bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degree programs across eight schools:
Arts and Humanities
• Historical Studies
• Literary Studies
• Visual and Performing Arts
Arts, Technology, and Emerging Communication
• Arts, Technology, and Emerging Communication
Behavioral and Brain Sciences
• Child Learning and Development
• Cognitive Science
• Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
Economic, Political and Policy Sciences
• Geospatial Information Sciences
• International Political Economy
• Political Science
• Public Affairs
• Public Policy
Engineering and Computer Science (Erik Jonsson School)
• Biomedical Engineering
• Computer Engineering
• Computer Science
• Electrical Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering
• Software Engineering
• American Studies
• Healthcare Studies
• Interdisciplinary Studies
Management (Naveen Jindal School)
• Business Administration
• Global Business
• Healthcare Management
• Human Resource Management
• Information Technology and Systems
• Supply Chain Management
Natural Sciences and Mathematics
• Actuarial Science
• Molecular Biology
UT Dallas at a glance
• UT Dallas is ranked by Kiplinger’s in the top 100 for best values among US public colleges.
• Times Higher Education survey ranked UT Dallas #1 in the nation and #21 in the world in their list of the top 200 institutions under 50 years of age.
• With an enrollment of nearly 28,000, UT Dallas offers all of the benefits of a close-knit campus but is backed by the powerful UT System.
• Yahoo! Finance ranked UT Dallas #25 (tie) in the nation among public universities with the highest SAT scores.
• U.S. News & World Report ranks the full-time MBA program #16 (tied) among public universities.
• The Arts, Technology, and Emerging Communication program merges fine arts and computer sciences and is ranked as one of the top 25 schools to study video game design by The Princeton Review.
• The University’s outstanding faculty include a Nobel Prize winner and members of the National Academy of Sciences and the National Academy of Engineering.
• In 2015, UT Dallas alumnus Dr. Aziz Sancar, PhD ’77 was awarded the Nobel Prize in Chemistry.
• U.S. News & World Report ranked UT Dallas among the top 20 univer-sities in the country with the lowest debt after graduation.
Character: Public four-year institution with eight degree-granting schools and over 140 academic programs
Enrollment: Nearly 28,000 total enrollment; 66% undergraduate and 34% graduate
Origin of students: The top states of origin are Texas, California, Illinois, Florida, Louisiana, and Oklahoma. More than 6,000 international students representing nearly 100 countries call UT Dallas home.
Gender: 43% female and 57% male
Student life: 325+ student clubs
Growth: In one decade (2007–2017), a total of approximately four million new or renovated square feet and more than $1 billion in development have been added to campus.
Average class size: 40% of undergraduate classes have fewer than 30 students, and 76% have fewer than 50 students.
Student-faculty ratio: 23:1
Student success: UT Dallas graduates are highly recruited by leading local and national companies and receive prestigious graduate fellowships, scholarships, and advanced research opportunities. More than 400 employers hired UT Dallas graduates last year, and graduate and undergraduate students participate in more than 6,000 internships each year.
Points of pride
U.S. News & World Report highly ranks many UT Dallas programs in its “Best Graduate Schools” report:
• Audiology, #4 (tied)
• Communication Disorders, #12 (tied)
• Information Systems, #16 (tied)
• Professional MBA, #20
• Operations/Productions, an MBA specialty, #20 (tied)
• Full-Time MBA, #38 (tied)