Exciting changes are coming to Sage!
Beginning in fall 2020, The Sage Colleges will be known as Russell Sage College, a single coeducational undergraduate and graduate college with campuses in two thriving
cities, Albany and Troy.
• Explore majors in the areas of Art + Design, Business, Creative & Performing Arts, Education, Health Sciences, Law & Public Policy, Liberal Arts, and the Sciences
• Nationally accredited Art + Design, Business, Dietetics, Education, Occupational Therapy, Nursing, Physical Therapy, and programs
• 100+ years of educational excellence, opportunity, and innovation
• 17 NCAA Division III teams
• SAT/ACT test optional
• 60+ clubs and organizations
• 5 National Honor Societies
• 2,600 students across both campuses
• 11:1 student-faculty ratio
• Average class size of 16 students
• 24 undergraduate programs, 21 accelerated programs, and graduate programs in Education, Business, and Health Sciences
• 100% of students participate in research, internships, or experiential learning.
• $21 million in the form of institutional grants and scholarships is awarded to students each year.
• 94% of grads are employed or continuing their education through graduate school
• Basketball (m+w)
• Cross-Country (m+w)
• Field Hockey (w)
• Golf (m)
• Lacrosse (m+w)
• Soccer (m+w)
• Softball (w)
• Tennis (m+w)
• Track & Field (m+w)
• Volleyball (m+w)
See more of our two campuses and chat with members of the Russell Sage community on ZeeMee!
One college, two campuses
Russell Sage College, formerlyknown as The Sage Colleges,is a coeducational private college with two campuses. Sage’s locations in theneighboring cities of Albany and Troy, New York, offer two distinct experiences. Students have the opportunity to learn and connect on both of our campuses. This unique advantage provides an education with moredepth, a community with greater perspective, and a student life with more to enjoy.
Sage’s community is diverse, inclusive, and close-knit. With clubs and organizations, student traditions, and 17sports teams, there’s an opportunity for every Sage student to get involved.
Sage has a professional theatre company on its Troy campus and the renowned Opalka Gallery on its Albanycampus, both of which bring the local community and campus together. Free shuttles ensure that students cantake advantage of both campuses andall they have to offer without having to pay for transportation.
As part of Sage’s strategic plan, the College is launching a Women’s Institute and a wellness initiative calledSage THRIVE. Drawing on Sage’s century-long dedication to women’s empowerment, the institute will promote women’s leadership, gender equity, and inclusivity through a student learning community. Sage THRIVE will incorporate a College-wide emphasis on health, well-being, success, and happiness—supported by creative connections between the curriculum and student life.
Sage academics are focused and relevant. Our multidisciplinary programs are designed to promote career preparation and advancement on both theundergraduate and graduate levels. Our faculty implement carefully developed curricula that enhance student comprehension and advance workforce opportunity.
While Sage is well-known for its Health Sciences programs—including Nursing, Occupational Therapy, and Physical Therapy—there are 24 undergraduate programs for students to choose from. Housed under the fields of Art + Design, Business, Creative & Performing Arts, Education, Health Sciences, Law & Public Policy, LiberalArts, and the Sciences, students canearn their degrees in the traditional way or as part of Sage’s accelerated programs, which link to graduate degrees.