Palmer College of Chiropractic
Palmer College of Chiropractic is the trusted leader in Chiropractic education
Align your passion
At Palmer College of Chiropractic, you’re on the frontier of collaborative, patient-centered health care. As a Doctor of Chiropractic (DC), you’ll help patients feel their best—without the use of drugs or surgery. It’s really possible to be the kind of doctor that patients respect, trust, and enjoy visiting. And the only tools required? Your own two hands.
Align your skills
Palmer College of Chiropractic prepares its graduates for valuable, fulfilling careers that make a difference in the world—one person at a time.
Chiropractors are health care professionals whose work reflects a simple yet profound philosophy: life is intelligent. This innate intelligence strives to maintain a state of health through adaptation mechanisms. This revolutionary idea was advanced 125 years ago by the founders of Palmer College of Chiropractic; today, more than 35 million Americans embrace this wellness-centered approach to care.
The flourishing wellness movement bodes well for students who study at Palmer. Employment for chiropractors is projected to grow 7% from 2018–2028, faster than the average for all occupations, according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Align your knowledge
Palmer is the birthplace of chiropractic and chiropractic education. Daniel David Palmer performed the first chiropractic adjustment in 1895, developed the profession, then founded Palmer College of Chiropractic in Davenport, Iowa, in 1897.
Today, Palmer College remains the largest and most highly regarded chiropractic institution in the world. With three campuses, the College houses the world’s largest chiropractic library and research program in the United States. In addition, Palmer educates nearly one-third of all practicing chiropractors, and our alumni practice in more than 70 countries around the world.
At Palmer College, students learn from the people who quite literally wrote the books on chiropractic. Palmer faculty members lead the profession, authoring textbooks used in other chiropractic colleges. In fact, the chiropractic techniques taught in most chiropractic colleges—the same techniques that are used in contemporary practice around the world—are derived from the basic Palmer Package.
Align your future
You can earn your DC degree in just over three calendar years. Palmer’s academic framework blends a core curriculum, an array of technique courses, chiropractic philosophy, and hands-on clinical skills to draw you toward one distinct goal: success.
In the first year, students take general science courses as well as courses that include neuroanatomy, pathology, biomechanics, and organ histology. In the second year, students take classes in chiropractic technique, X-ray, and practice management. During the third year, they dedicate their time to patient care in an outpatient clinic setting and prepare for life after graduation.
Palmer understands that the future of chiropractic rests in the hands of its students. That’s why our DC program includes more hours in anatomy, physiology, diagnosis, and neurology than typical medical school programs. Group activities, labs, simulated patient experiences, and patient-scenario discussions are a regular part of the learning experience at Palmer.
Palmer students are also trained in:
• Therapeutic and rehabilitative exercises
• Nutritional, dietary, and lifestyle counseling
• Patient assessment through laboratory testing, clinical examination, and diagnostic imaging
• Determining when chiropractic treatment is or isn’t appropriate
Not to worry—you won’t spend all your time in the classroom and clinics. Each welcoming Palmer campus provides countless opportunities for students to grow as professionals, be proactive in the campus community, and follow their passions.
#1 “Best College With Chiropractic Degrees in the US” | Universities.com
• With campuses in Iowa and Florida, students can pick their preferred location in which to learn.
• Forty percent of all Palmer college students received scholarships in FY2021-2022.
• The Palmer Center for Business Development provides free business training, tools, and resources designed for chiropractors.
• The Palmer Career Network averages 3,500 job postings annually—more job opportunities than graduates.
• The Palmer Center for Chiropractic Research is the most highly funded chiropractic research effort in the nation.
• The Palmer Chiropractic Clinics is the largest network of chiropractic clinics in the world.
• Palmer students have lower student-loan default rates than students at any other chiropractic college, and 98% of students complete the program in a timely fashion—both measures of student success.
• Palmer’s 15:1 student-to-faculty ratio means students receive the academic attention and support to help them succeed.
• Chiropractic started here, and Palmer College continues to lead the profession. Why would you choose to go anywhere else?
"You’re entering a profession where you get to help people—every single day. You have purpose, and your patients are going to fall in love with you and the way you’re going to change their lives.”
“Palmer has the best professors in the world. When I graduated, I was more than prepared for my career. My education is the framework for my entire practice.”
“Palmer continues to be the leading school of chiropractic. With outstanding success rates, the best instructors, and numerous opportunities to develop my skills and techniques, I know I can provide excellent care, be successful in my field, and make a difference in the lives of my patients.”
“At Palmer, I learned how to address and treat the root cause of illness instead of just managing symptoms. By learning how to address emotional health, spinal misalignment, poor nutrition, and other issues, I’ve been able to treat people through a natural and holistic approach.”