Preparing students to meet a growing demand for healthcare professionals across the country
No matter what area of healthcare you're interested in pursuing, High Point University has the program for you. Learn about our schools:
Congdon School of Health Sciences
Along with preparing graduates for in-demand careers, the jobs and activity generated by the Congdon School of Health Sciences will have a meaningful and significant impact on the individual and population health of those in the Piedmont Triad.
The university has assembled a prestigious faculty to guide its students. These faculty are master educators, accomplished researchers who are nationally and internationally recognized, and expert clinicians. Students are working side by side with individuals who will help guide what future research- and practice- will become. Rather than reading about it and trying to use it in the clinic later, they will experience it first-hand right now. This fits with the university’s core tenet of experiential learning.
School of Dental Medicine and Oral Health
The School of Dental Medicine and Oral Health at High Point University is being intentionally designed to lead the country in innovative curriculum and clinical experiences. Our students will be prepared through a blend of didactic courses, high-fidelity simulation, and a unique blend of patient care experiences.
High Point University will provide personalized tracks to satisfy the career interests of our students. Students will complete coursework and clinical experiences across most specialties, but will tailor their experiences to areas of interest in their fourth year through electives and specialty rotations.
Fred Wilson School of Pharmacy
HPU School of Pharmacy utilizes a closely integrated basic and clinical science curriculum to promote student application of the full range of skills necessary to provide patient-centered pharmaceutical care. Fred Wilson School of Pharmacy strives to:
• Provide students with a comprehensive pharmacy education that carefully integrates basic and clinical sciences.
• Develop within students the process of analytical thought, enabling them to reason through clinical and scientific problems.
• Promote for all faculty and students, a passion for clinical and scientific discovery to advance healthcare.
• Maintain an environment of caring and acceptance for personal and cultural differences, to develop kind, compassionate, and accepting pharmacy practitioners.
• Expose students to real-world situations that prepare them to function effectively within health care environments.