A place where you belong
Western Illinois University provides a place to succeed for anyone who dreams of getting a quality education. We’ve helped tens of thousands of students achieve those dreams by earning a Western degree. Become a future leader at Western by getting involved with our NCAA Division I athletics teams and more than 200 student organizations—or create your own!
With more than 96% of our classes taught by full-time faculty members in small class sizes, we’ve created an active learning environment for students across academic disciplines. Western offers two campuses where students can explore their educational goals. Macomb, Illinois, is home to our residential campus, located in a safe and welcoming college town. Moline, Illinois (Quad Cities), is home to our non-residential campus in a dynamic metropolitan area, where students can gain hands-on experience from industry leaders like Caterpillar and John Deere. Regardless of the campus you choose, classes are available in person, online, and in hybrid formats.
WIU’s academic programming is second to none:
• The School of Law Enforcement and Justice Administration has an internationally known Criminal Justice/Public Safety program.
• Our Forensic Chemistry program is one of only six of its kind nationwide.
• Agriculture students get hands-on experience with over 300 acres of campus farmland, livestock, and state-of-the-art greenhouses.
• Education majors begin working with students as early as their freshman year.
• Chemistry students conduct cancer research in University labs.
• The Broadcasting program enables students to produce programming for ESPN in state-of-the-art, high-definition television facilities.
Through the lived experiences of our faculty and staff, we connect and create unique learning opportunities, enabling you to map out your own future. Our students leave not only with a degree but with the confidence to take on the world.