Originally Posted: Apr 20, 2019
Last Updated: Feb 27, 2020
Moving for college can be hectic, especially if it’s to a brand-new country! Laura learned this last fall when she moved to Victoria in British Columbia, Canada, for college. Check out the video below to hear her story about her first days as an international student.
Quick facts about the University of Victoria
- UVic was featured on our list of Great Canadian Colleges for American Students.
- The huts students see on campus were built during World War II and are the remains of buildings from the Gordon Head barracks.
- UVic has been ranked #1 in Canada among comprehensive universities.
- The University has filed over 530 patents and supported over 160 start-ups to date.
- Attention female golfers: UVic has a great team for you!
Looking to go to university abroad? Start searching for international schools with our College Search tool.