Dominican University of California
San Rafael, CA
San Rafael, CA
All are welcome at Dominican!
Dominican is a top-ranked non-profit university in San Rafael, CA; just 12 miles north of San Francisco. With a broad range of majors and minors from health care and natural sciences to business, education, humanities and the arts, you can be sure that all programs have a distinctly current curriculum. As a Penguin, you’ll experience highly engaging personal coaching and mentoring along with a myriad of opportunities for internships, community projects, global learning, clinicals, field research and much more so that you’re ready for your dream job or grad school upon graduation.
Whatever your goals, it's our privilege to help you achieve them!
No Application Fee and Automatic Scholarship Consideration
The application is free through the Common App and on our website. You can easily start your application right now. Based on your personal situation, you will be automatically considered for scholarships.
An excellent education at Dominican is deliberately affordable.
We offer both merit- and need-based scholarships in addition to the federal and/or state aid you may be eligible for. 99% of our undergraduate students financial aid.
Dominican is a designated Minority Serving Institution (MSI), specifically both a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Institution (AANAPISI). 71% of our undergrads identify as ethnically diverse and 23% are the first in their families to attend college.
From need-based aid to athletic awards and more, 99% of entering undergraduate students receive financial aid. Federal and state loans and grants, work-study, and other grants are also available. In almost all cases, there’s no application fee.
Dominican University is test-optional! We take the whole you into consideration when considering your application. This includes your experiences and goals, your grades, the rigor of your high school curriculum and your extracurricular activities.
Dominican sponsors 15 intercollegiate sports and is a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division II, the Pacific West Conference, and MCLA Division I.
• Men’s sports: Basketball, cross-country, golf, lacrosse, soccer, track & field,
• Women’s sports: Basketball, cross-country, golf, lacrosse, soccer, softball, tennis, track & field, volleyball
Campus vsits and counseling appointments
Come schedule a visit or explore our beautiful campus virtually at: dominican.edu/connect
Ranked among the “Best Regional Universities in the West” for “Best Value” and “Top Perfomers on Social Mobility” | U.S. News & World Report
Named “the most transformative four-year university in the nation” by the American Council on Education (ACE)
Dominican has been named a School of National Service by AmeriCorps in recognition of the University's commitment to public service as a way to help pay for college.
Business College of Distinction (Barowsky School of Business)
Education College of Distinction
Nursing College of Distinction
Career Development College of Distinction
If you've completed coursework at a college or university after high school and are ready to continue your educational journey, we’re excited you’re considering Dominican University.
Here are just some of the reasons why Dominican could be a great fit for you:
• Research: We have ample undergraduate research opportunities available to all students.
• Study abroad: We offer programs in 53 countries across the globe—for all students in every major.
• Modern tech: Dominican now offers a Computer Science minor to infuse any major with cutting-edge coding skills.
• Opportunities to give back: Engage with issues you're passionate about, develop a vision of justice, learn community-building skills, and more with a major in Social Justice.
• Student support: Our teams of academic advisors, integrative coaches, and career and internship specialists will be with you every step of the way.
• Networking: Our broad network includes top Bay Area companies, from tech to business to leading research facilities. We’ll help you land an internship and even your first job!
The transfer admission process includes the evaluation of several factors, including academics; leadership both inside and outside the classroom; recommendation from a teacher, counselor, or community leader; and your personal essay. See our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
For most majors, we have a rolling admission process, and we accept applications year-round. If an application deadline falls on a weekend and/or holiday, applications will be accepted through the end of the next business day.
Non-Nursing Transfer Students:
Spring deadline: January 5
Fall deadline: August 1
Nursing Transfer Students:
Spring deadline: September 1
Fall deadline: March 1