AT A GLANCE
CINCINNATI AT A GLANCE
The University of Cincinnati is an urban public research institution world-renowned for architectural diversity and beauty and ranked 37th among public universities by the National Science Foundation.
• Founded in 1819
• Global birthplace of co-op
• 45,000+ total enrollment; students representing all 50 states and 120+ countries
• 22.1% minority students
• 21.5% first-generation students
• 229 National Merit, National Achievement, and National Hispanic Scholars
• Top five most welcoming schools for international students (International Student Barometer)
• 26.36 average ACT score; 1258 average SAT score
• 400+ programs of study in 14 colleges
• 16:1 student-faculty ratio
• 100% participation in experience-based learning (co-ops, internships, study abroad, research, community engagement, performances, student teaching, and leadership development)
• 300,000+ living alumni
• $1 billion raised in most recent capital campaign
• $11,660 in-state undergraduate tuition ($14,468 graduate)
• $26,994 out-of-state tuition ($26,210 graduate)
• $84 million awarded annually to undergraduates in merit-, talent-, and need-based aid and scholarships
• $500 million in aid to all students in the form of federal, state, institutional, and private support
• 85.9% overall first-year, full-time baccalaureate retention rate
• December 1: Early Action deadline for admission to selective programs; all applications received before December 1 are guaranteed to be reviewed. After December 1, programs with space continue to review applications on a rolling basis through March 1.
Start me up
We know you have “it”—that fire, that spirit, that vision for where you want your life to go. Long the home of boot-strappers, entrepreneurs, and self-starters, the University of Cincinnati Carl H. Lindner College of Business will provide you the tools, mentorship, and expertise you need to explore, experiment, and succeed.
Experience counts. . .
We call it “putting education into action”—giving students top-tier instruction coupled with targeted industry connections and practical, real-world experience. Which only makes sense, since UC invented cooperative education in 1906. Today, that “roll-up-your-sleeves” immersion is exemplified by UC’s Bearcat Promise, our commitment that you’ll be ready to make an impact on day one with a degree in one hand and a career plan in the other.
A top 40 public research university as ranked by the National Science Foundation, UC is in close proximity to nine Fortune 500 companies, a thriving start-up ecosystem, and a burgeoning 50-acre innovation corridor. Lindner students work locally, nationally, and even internationally with organizations such as Under Armour, Goldman Sachs, Hershey, Tesla, Disney, and Procter & Gamble. This partnership and collaboration with industry is one of the reasons the University of Cincinnati was included on Reuters’s prestigious list of the Top 100 Most Innovative Universities in the world.
. . .and it pays
Lindner students who intern or co-op earn an average of nearly $10,000 per semester, and 85% obtain a full-time job within three months of graduation.
The Lindner advantage
In fall 2019, the Lindner College of Business moved into its new $120 million facility, cementing the College’s status as one of the best in the country. Among the most ambitious construction projects ever undertaken by the University of Cincinnati, the four-story, 225,000-sq. ft. structure is designed to maximize innovation and collaboration opportunities for students, faculty, and staff alike.
Lindner’s full-time, campus-based MBA program was ranked in the top 100 by U.S. News & World Report, and Bloomberg Businessweek ranks our MBA program #1 in Ohio and #4 in the Midwest among public institutions.
An internationally renowned faculty comprised of thought leaders from the worlds of business and academia help set UC apart. Our professors don’t just teach from the textbooks—they write them.
International business knowledge is more important today than ever before. That’s why UC offers students learning opportunities all over the globe—entrepreneurship in Dubai, operations in China, supply chain in Chile, and project management in the Czech Republic.
UC’s Lindner College of Business helps students create personalized education plans. Business Pathways is a first-year course that introduces every major offered at Lindner. With 12 majors and 14 minors to choose from, there are dozens of degree combinations available. And first-year students are grouped into small learning communities. It’s all about building a small-college feel without giving up big-time opportunities.
In addition, Lindner students have access to a wide array of career services, including career assessments, résumé critiques, networking events, guest lectures, and a virtual interview system.