Explore. Connect. Make a Difference.
The character of Colby-Sawyer College
Colby-Sawyer is a dynamic and innovative liberal arts and sciences college located in the scenic Lake Sunapee Region of central New Hampshire. During their college careers, 100% of our students participate in one or more internships in their fields of study. They also create Learning Portfolios, in which they demonstrate their ongoing progress and achievement. All of our students conclude their senior year with a Capstone project, in which they develop and demonstrate a deeper body of knowledge in their academic major.
What makes Colby-Sawyer distinctive?
• Student success is our number one priority. Every major decision here begins with the question: How will our students benefit?
• Our small class size (average 19 students) and talented faculty provide our students with personal attention and a challenging yet supportive academic environment.
• New technologies are integral to our students' education. On our wireless campus, every student creates an electronic portfolio that tracks his or her progress and achievements across their college careers.
• Colby-Sawyer blends the elements of a student's college life--academic, co-curricular, social and athletic--into a cohesive educational experience.
• 100% our students gain vital pre-professional experience in their fields of study through one or more internships, which allow them to apply their knowledge and skills and build networks for future employment opportunities.
• Our students gain extraordinary access and opportunities in their first year, whether they want to join a leadership program, perform in a theatrical production or plan campus events.
• Our alumni emerge as well rounded, well educated citizens, prepared to be successful professionals and positive contributors to their communities.
• Our campus lies in New Hampshire's beautiful Lake Sunapee Region with 360-degree views of mountains, forests and lakes. It's a great place for outdoor recreation and is only a 90-minute drive to Boston.