The character of Colby-Sawyer College
Colby-Sawyer College is a dynamic and innovative liberal arts and sciences college located in the scenic Lake Sunapee Region of central New Hampshire.
During their college careers, 100% of our students participate in one or more internships in their field of study. They also create Learning Portfolios, allowing them to demonstrate their ongoing progress and achievement. Colby-Sawyer students conclude their senior year with a Capstone project in which they develop and demonstrate a deeper body of knowledge in their academic major.
What makes Colby-Sawyer distinctive?
• Student success is our first priority. Every major decision here begins with the question: How will our students benefit?
• Our small class sizes (averaging 19 students) and talented faculty provide students with personal attention and a challenging yet supportive academic environment.
• New technologies are integral to our students' education. Every student creates an electronic Learning Portfolio that tracks their progress and achievements across their college career.
• Colby-Sawyer blends the elements of college life—academic, cocurricular, social, and athletic—into a cohesive educational experience.
• 100% of students gain vital pre-professional experience in their field of study through one or more internships, allowing them to apply their knowledge and skills and build networks for future employment opportunities.
• Students gain extraordinary access and opportunities in their first year, whether they want to join a leadership program, perform in a theatrical production, or plan campus events.
• Our graduates emerge as well-rounded, well-educated citizens who are prepared to be successful professionals and positive contributors in their communities.
• Our campus lies in New Hampshire's beautiful Lake Sunapee Region, with a 360-degree view of mountains, forests, and lakes. It's a great place for outdoor recreation and only a 90-minute drive to Boston.