If I don't qualify for a merit scholarship, will other financial aid be available?

Joan Isaac MohrJoan Isaac Mohr
Vice President and Dean of Admissions

Quinnipiac University
Transfer students may be eligible for federal or state grants, work-study, or loans based on financial need. All colleges will ask that you file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), and some will also ask that you file the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE. Make sure you provide the information requested by a college. The FAFSA, available at www.fafsa.ed.gov, should be filed as soon after October 1 as possible if you’re applying to transfer for the following fall semester. Students applying to transfer for the spring semester have likely filed the form for that academic year already, and will need to go back to the form and add the new college as a recipient of their financial information.

Note: Did you know you could win a $10,000 scholarship for college or grad school just by registering on CollegeXpress? This is one of the quickest, easiest scholarships you’ll ever apply for. Register Now »

CollegeXpress Logo


Are you our next winner?

Register now for our scholarship giveaway

Do you have a question for our experts?