How does the financial aid process differ for grad and undergrad students?

Joan Isaac MohrJoan Isaac Mohr
Vice President and Dean of Admissions

Quinnipiac University
The financial aid process for undergraduate students centers around two forms: the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and the College Scholarship Service (CSS) PROFILE FORM. ALL colleges will want the FAFSA (available only to U.S. citizens and permanent residents); some will also want the CSS/PROFILE. There are several types of aid: scholarships, grants, loans, and work-study.

For graduate study, it generally depends on the program and university chosen and whether they offer grants or scholarships to graduate students. Students will file the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and in many cases a supplemental form from the universities where they’ve been admitted.


Note: Did you know you could win a $10,000 scholarship for college or grad school just by registering on CollegeXpress? This is one of the quickest, easiest scholarships you’ll ever apply for. Register Now »

CollegeXpress Logo


Are you our next winner?

Register now for our scholarship giveaway

Do you have a question for our experts?