On the front line of health care
From educating front-line care providers to conducting advanced medical science research, Ohio University is making careers come true while serving the health care needs of the state and beyond. More than 32,000 alumni—including 19,000 nurses in the state of Ohio—are fueling the health care industry and serving diverse populations.
Giving students choices
Ohio University has a broad menu of undergraduate pre-professional programs—including Pre-Medicine, Pre-Dentistry, Pre-Pharmacy, and more—plus professional programs in Nursing, Nutrition, Public Health, and Health Services Administration, along with nationally ranked master’s programs such as Physical Therapy, Social Work, and Speech-Language Pathology. The University’s Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine has three campuses across Ohio.
Getting to medical school faster
In the Early Assurance Program with the Heritage College of Medicine, select students can earn their undergraduate degree and their Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree in as few as seven years.
One of the nation's largest health-focused colleges
Ohio University’s College of Health Sciences and Professions (CHSP) prepares students to serve individual health concerns and solve complex social issues that influence well-being.
• CHSP is one of the top 10 health-focused colleges in the US, with approximately 8,500 students currently enrolled in more than 40 programs.
• More than 25 online program offerings serve working health care professionals across the country.
• State-of-the-art research facilities include test kitchens, motion capture labs, and the Speech Language and Hearing Clinic.
• Community engagement opportunities include Kids on Campus, serving at-risk children and their families.
Whether you see yourself as a caregiver, communicator, bridge builder, or healer, we share your passion—that drive to help our friends, neighbors, and communities. CHSP is ready to help you cultivate your commitment into a career.
Forever caring. Forever OHIO.
Ohio University was ranked among the top universities in the world by U.S. News & World Report in its 2022-2023 Best Global Universities rankings.
Among the nation’s Top 5 providers of bachelor’s degrees in health care and Top 15 educators of primary care physicians.
College of Health Sciences and Professions
• Child and Family Services
• Community and Public Health
• Environmental Health Science
• Exercise Physiology
- Pre-Athletic Training
- Pre-Physical Therapy
• Health Services Administration
• Hearing, Speech and Language Sciences
• Integrated Healthcare Studies
• Pre-Athletic Training
• Social Work
College of Arts and Sciences
• Biological Sciences
• Pre-Medicine, Pre-Physical Therapy, Pre-Dentistry, Pre-Pharmacy
Honors Tutorial College
• Biological Sciences
• Communication Sciences and Disorders
• Social Work
• Translational Health
“The Social Work program at Ohio University has classes and programs that can immensely expand your knowledge, and our faculty is made up of individuals who truly care.”
“The faculty and staff in CHSP have made my OHIO experiences as painless as possible, and their plethora of advising staff is always there to help guide you down the path to success.”
“During my first meeting with my advisor, I told her that my goal was to get accepted into medical school. After extraordinary amounts of support from that same advisor and my CHSP faculty, I recently received acceptance into OHIO’s medical school!”