Featured Image

Four-Year Schools in California with Articulation Agreements

List produced by the Facts more info

  • Art Center College of Design (Pasadena, CA): Transfer of studio credit based on portfolio evaluation and transcript review.
  • California Baptist University (Riverside, CA): Two recommendations required.
  • California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo (San Luis Obispo, CA): Transfer students must meet general education, breadth, and lower-division program requirements.
  • California State University, Bakersfield (Bakersfield, CA): High school transcript required of applicants transferring fewer than 60 quarter hours.
  • California State University, Chico (Chico, CA): Grade of C required in English composition, math above level of intermediate algebra, speech, and critical thinking for admission purposes.
  • California State University, Sacramento (Sacramento, CA): Applicants with fewer than 60 semester hours must meet freshman admission requirements.
  • California State University, Stanislaus (Turlock, CA): Completion of lower-division English and math credits required.
  • Loma Linda University (Loma Linda, CA): All programs require previous college work.
  • Menlo College (Atherton, CA): Transfer credits must be in academic courses.
  • Pacific Union College (Angwin, CA): ACT recommended for transfer applicants.
  • Patten University (Oakland, CA): Continuing education units cannot be converted into credit nor be applied, transferred, or substituted for graduation credit.
  • San Francisco Conservatory of Music (San Francisco, CA): Two letters of recommendation required.
  • San Jose State University (San Jose, CA): Non-residents of California must meet higher standards. School restricts transfer for lower division transfers (fewer than 60 transferable semester units). Transfer students must complete certain course requirements.
  • Scripps College (Claremont, CA): Activity courses not considered for transfer credit. One Scripps course is equivalent to four semester units or six quarter units. No credit granted for courses challenged by examination at another college even if other institution has given credit for courses. Other restrictions apply.
  • St. Mary's College of California (Moraga, CA): Completion of algebra and geometry in secondary school/college with a minimum grade of C required.
  • University of California — Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA): Transfer minimum college GPA is 2.4 for California residents; 2.8 for non-residents. Complete course pattern with 2.0 grade or better; two English composition, one mathematical concept and quantitative reasoning, and four additional courses. Other restrictions apply.
  • University of California at Merced (Merced, CA): Minimum 2.8 GPA required of out-of-state applicants.
  • University of California, Berkeley (Berkeley, CA): Completion of all prerequisite courses for intended major, and all freshman and sophomore general education requirements required.
  • University of La Verne (La Verne, CA): High school transcript and SAT Reasoning scores required of applicants with fewer than 28 transferable semester hours.
  • William Jessup University (Rocklin, CA): Standardized test scores, taken in high school, required of applicants with fewer than 24 semester hours. Must not have an outstanding financial balance at previous institution(s).

Want more information on how this list was compiled? Find out more about where our Lists & Rankings come from.

About This List

These are the four-year schools in The Golden State accepting articulation agreements. Check with each school you're considering to confirm which community colleges they're working with. (What's an articulation agreement? Basically, it allows students to transfer recognized community college credits toward their four-year degree. Not too shabby!)

Join our community of
over 5 million students!

CollegeXpress has everything you need to simplify your college search, get connected to schools, and find your perfect fit.

Join CollegeXpress