Wayne State University
We are Detroit’s Business School
At the Mike Ilitch School of Business (MISB) at Wayne State University, students don't just read about business in books—they roll up their sleeves and get to work in a city buzzing with industry. A Wayne State Business education opens doors all over the city and around the world, with academic programs for a driven and diverse student population.
At MISB, learning reaches far beyond the classroom. The business world is built through networking, and we give you ample opportunities to expand your network from your first day on campus. When you join the Warriors Business Community, you'll live and learn with like-minded peers and be introduced to the Detroit business community through events on all scales, from special events like the North American International Auto Show preview to intimate breakfasts with alumni who can help you make connections. Get matched with a local business leader through our Corporate Mentor Program and benefit from one-on-one mentoring for a full academic year. We also offer myriad student organizations that match your interests and the drive of our business community.
In the fall of 2018, a new building was made possible by a $40 million lead investment from Mike and Marian Ilitch. The facility is WSU's first entirely new construction project outside of the University's Midtown campus. Our location in The District Detroit brings students closer to the heart of Detroit's business community and enhances access to internship and career opportunities.
The MISB also has a dedicated Career Planning & Placement staff to help you get to work. We can guide you through the process of landing an internship or the perfect job. It's never too early in your academic career to talk to a career advisor and get a head start on your postgrad job search.
Ranked #1 Michigan university for social mobility | U.S. News & World Report
U.S. News & World Report's 2022 Best Colleges Edition includes the Mike Ilitch School of Business in its "Best Undergraduate Business Programs" rankings
Mike Ilitch School of Business recognized as a top business school for veterans | Military Times
Wayne State University’s undergraduate programs in Global Supply Chain Management are once again among the nation’s top 25 according to Gartner
Included in Princeton Review's listing of "Best Business Schools"
• More than 3,200 Warriors call campus home, living in 7 residence halls and apartments
• Steps from world-renowned galleries, restaurants, theatres, arenas and corporations
• Campus events provide countless opportunities to explore Detroit, meet new friends and serve the community
• Located in the second-largest theatre district in the United States
• The new WSU Fieldhouse is home to Wayne State Warrior basketball and the NBA's Motor City Cruise
• The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences offers internship and career partnerships with numerous, highly regarded Detroit institutions, including:
- Detroit Institute of Arts
- Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History
- The Motown Museum
- The Henry Ford
3,000 full-time faculty experts
350+ academic programs
295,000 alumni living and working around the world
500+ student organizations to find your place
18 NCAA teams, including baseball, basketball, football, softball, swimming, and fencing
• Lowest tuition of Michigan's top three research universities
• Accredited by AACSB International
• WSU offers more than $350M in financial aid and scholarships
• Over 120 full-time and part-time faculty
• 40,000 WSU Business alumni, including many top-level executives across metro Detroit and beyond
• 20 Business-focused student organizations
• 2,800 undergraduate students. More than half work at least part-time while earning their degrees. About 40% are minority students.
Mike Ilitch School of Business Academic Programs
• Business (minor)
• Entrepreneurship & Innovation (undergraduate certificate)
• Global Supply Chain Management
• Information Systems Management
• Law (minor)