College is an amazing opportunity to grow more independent and take advantage of new, exciting opportunities. And while studying is super important, it’s just as essential to have fun and make friends during your college years. You may be overwhelmed with schoolwork, unsure how to get out there, curious about college life, or looking for something new to entertain yourself with. That’s why we’ve gathered our best advice on all the opportunities to enjoy yourself and make friends in college! Below, you’ll find articles on meeting new people, getting involved on campus, passing the time when you’re bored, and much more. Get ready to make memories and connections that will last a lifetime!
Making friends in college
- 7 Tips to Help You Find Great Friends in College: Whether you're a natural social butterfly or more of an introvert, here are a few easy ways to meet new people and make awesome friends in college.
- 4 Great Ways to Make Friends at College: What's the college experience without great friends to share it with? Here's some advice for making new friends in college and finding your people.
- Video: Making Friends in High School vs. College: Student vlogger Robert debunks three myths about what it's like to make friends in college and how it's different than making friends in high school.
- How to Make More Friends When You're an Out-of-State College Student: Students attending college far away from their home state may feel out of place at first. If this is you, these tips will help you make friends in no time!
Joining clubs and extracurriculars
- Exploring Extracurricular Activities in College: How to Find the Best Opportunities: Wondering what college extracurriculars are all about? Check out this guide on everything you need to know about finding and joining clubs on campus.
- College Organizations and Activities Worth Getting Excited Over: College truly has something for everyone, both inside the classroom and out. Here are a few ways to get involved in clubs, activities, and more on campus!
- Campus Activities, Clubs, and Other Fun Ways to Get Involved at College: Joining activities can help you meet people and make friends in college. But with so many clubs to choose from, where do you start? This guide can help!
Having fun on campus and in your dorm
- 13 Ideas for a Fun Night in Without Leaving Your Dorm: Don't have the energy to go out? We hear you! Here are 13 things you can do to relax and have fun in the comfort of your college dorm room.
- Where and How to Find Free Events in College: The life of a cash-strapped student doesn't have to be mundane. Learn about free entertainment options and how to find out what's happening on your campus.
- Fun and Easy Activities to Get Dorm Residents Together: Whether you're an RA planning an event or a student who wants to know your floormates, these activities are sure to get everyone together and having fun.
- 10 Fun College Party Ideas to Enrich Your Campus Experience: College is all about transformative experiences, and yes, that includes parties! Here are some creative ideas for parties that will be the talk of campus.
- The College Intramural Sports You Want to Play: Basketball, football, and hockey rule at most colleges, but there are many more options out there! Check out these more unique athletic opportunities.
- 10 Cheap Ways to Spoil Yourself on a Student Budget: As a student, you must be careful about how much you’re spending. But that doesn’t mean you can’t treat yourself! Here are 10 ways to have fun for cheap.
Advice just for first-year students
- 6 Fun Ways to Prepare for Your First Year of College: College-bound students have a right to be enthusiastic—and a little nervous! Here's how to channel that energy into getting ready for your freshman year.
- Making Friends Your First Year of College: Top Do's and Don'ts: Great friends make your first year of college so much more fun. Here are some of the biggest do's and don'ts to help you make connections right away.
- Using Social Media to Connect at College: Social media has the power to connect people all over the world. Here's how to connect with other students at college before you even set foot on campus.
Advice for other specific types of students
- 4 Ways to Avoid Isolation as an Online Student: Feeling lonely as an online student? Here's what you can do to stay connected when you're not learning together in a physical classroom.
- 3 Important Resources for Making Friends on a Foreign Campus: Making friends on campus as an international student can be intimidating. Here are three great resources to help you meet people naturally and comfortably.
- 3 Easy Ways to Get Past Nerves and Get Involved as a Transfer Student: Transferring to a new college is exciting, but it can also be hard to find activities on campus. Here's some advice on getting involved as an older student.
Holiday and seasonal fun
- 9 Fun Things Students Should Do This Fall: Fall is finally here with cooler temps and festive activities for everyone. Not sure what to do first? Here are nine suggestions for fun fall adventures!
- How to Have the Best Halloween as a College Student: Want to know the "proper" way to celebrate Halloween at college? Read on for tips and tricks to have the ultimate spooky holiday on campus!
- Creative and Cheap Halloween Costume Ideas You Can Pull Off Last Minute: Did you forget to plan a Halloween costume this year? No need to scream! These ideas are easy and cost-effective for high school and college students!
- 5 Fun Ways to Get Ready for the Holidays as a College Student: It's that time of year again! You may be pining for winter break, but there are plenty of ways to get in the holiday spirit while you're still on campus.
- 5 Inexpensive Date Ideas for College Students on Valentine’s Day: When you want to do something special for Valentine's Day but your wallet disagrees, check out these student budget–friendly date ideas.
- How to Plan a Best Friends Date for Valentine's Day: Valentine's Day doesn't have to be all about couples and mushy romantic love. Celebrate the love you have for your friends with this step-by-step guide!
Study abroad fun
- Top 6 Things to Do While You're Studying Abroad in College: Many college students lose track of what to do and how to make the most of their time abroad. Be sure you fit in these six experiences during your trip!
- London's Calling! 38 Fun Things to Do in the City While Abroad: One of the hardest parts of studying abroad is deciding how to spend your time outside of class. If you plan to study in London, here are some suggestions!
- The Best Things to Do While Studying Abroad in Ireland: There are so many new experiences to have when you're studying abroad. If you're studying in Ireland, here's a guide to the best things you can do!
School break fun
- 10 Exciting But Unexpected Travel Destinations for Any School Break: Spring break isn’t the only time students can travel to exciting places! Check out these amazing, less crowded locales to plan a trip to any time of year.
- 10 Affordable Ways to Beat the Winter Blues: As the cold winter weather rolls on, it's common for students to feel some seasonal depression. Here are some ways to lift your mood and stick to a budget.
- How to Have an Awesome Spring Break No Matter What You Do: Not sure what you should do for spring break this year? From traveling to staying put, these tips will help you make the most of those seven precious days.
- 4 Smart Things to Do on Your Summer Break From College: Summer means relaxing after a busy year at college, but it's also a good time to learn new skills, get things done, and have fun. See what else you can do here!
You know what else is fun? Browsing all our Lists & Rankings for college trivia, famous alumni, student recommendations, and more!