Established in 1919, JBU is a private Christian university celebrating 100 years of Christ Over All. We offer a highly ranked experiential education to over 2,500 students who are developing their intellectual, spiritual, and professional lives.
>> JBU is an independent, interdenominational, four-year, co-ed Christian university.
>> Founded in 1919 by evangelist John E. Brown
>> Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission; Education preparation programs approved by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education; Engineering program accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET; American Council for Construction Education; Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs; and the Arkansas State Department of Education
>> Set on a 200-acre campus in one of the fastest-growing areas in the country
>> Enrollment: 2,613 students
STUDENT BODY PROFILE (2017–2018)
>> 1,379 traditional undergraduate students from 41 states and 50 nations
>> 959 resident students
>> Freshman average ACT score: 26.3
>> Average high school GPA: 3.68 (on a 4.0 scale)
>> Over 15% of our students come from outside the United States.
>> Full-time: 87
>> Adjunct: 152
>> Total: 239
>> Student-faculty ratio: 14:1
>> Of all JBU faculty, 81% of full-time faculty hold a PhD or appropriate terminal degree.
>> African American: 24
>> Asian/Pacific Islander: 22
>> Caucasian: 1,014
>> Hispanic: 86
>> Non-US citizen: 95
>> Not recorded: 52
JBU awarded more than $15 million in scholarships and grants to 90% of our full-time students last year! To apply, use the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), available at jbu.edu. Financial aid awards are made beginning February 15 to those who have completed admission and financial aid application requirements.
TEST SCORE REQUIREMENTS
2.5 unweighted high school GPA and either an ACT score of 20 or an SAT score of 1020 (new SAT)
APPLICATION DEADLINES & FEES
We do not have an application deadline. However, we encourage students to apply by the fall of their senior year; that way the spring can be spent visiting campus and applying for scholarships.
>> Traditional undergraduate: $25
>> International undergraduate: $100
Early application is advised. John Brown University does not discriminate in the admission of students on the basis of race, gender, national or ethnic origin, or physical handicap.
• More than $15 million awarded in grants and scholarships last year
• Over 2,500 students from 50 nations and 41 states
• Over 12% of the 2014 freshman class graduated in less than four years.
• 41 undergraduate degree programs, including:
- Family and Human Services
- Graphic Design
• College of Distinction
• Nursing College of Distinction
• Engineering College of Distinction
• Arkansas’s top college — Money, 2018
• #13 “Best Value School” among southern regional universities — U.S. News & World Report, 2018
• #4 “Best College for Getting Big Merit Scholarships” — Money, 2017
• 90% of the 2017–2018 full-time student body received financial aid.
• Mission: To provide Christ-centered education that prepares people to honor God and serve others by developing their intellectual, spiritual, and professional lives
- Christ centered
- Pursuit of learning
• John Brown University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
• 14:1 student-faculty ratio
• Average class size: 20 students
• More than 78% of facilities are new or have been renovated in the last 15 years.
• 41 majors & 52 minors
• Pre-professional programs: Pre-dental | Pre-law | Pre-medical
• 81% of full-time faculty hold a PhD or terminal degree.
• Student-faculty ratio: 14:1
• Average class size:20 students
We put Christ Over All
We are committed to integrating authentic faith and experiential learning in every academic discipline. JBU is evangelical and interdenominational both in its heritage and reality today. We share a common, sincere commitment to Christ and the essential truths of the Christian faith. Christianity is a part of our everyday lives as we integrate faith, learning, work, and life.
We care about your current and future finances
Last year, we awarded financial aid to 90% of the full-time traditional undergraduate student body, and JBU students borrow less on average than students at public universities (based on data from LendEdu for the Class of 2016). JBU is ranked the #13 “Best Value School” among southern regional universities (U.S. & World Report, 2018) and the #4 “Best College for Getting Big Merit Scholarships” (Money magazine, 2017).
JBU offers several academic and competitive scholarships as well as need-based aid. JBU’s financial aid staff go above and beyond to help students afford JBU whenever possible.
Our graduates succeed
JBU’s “Head, Heart & Hand” philosophy prepares students to honor God and serve others by developing their intellectual, spiritual, and professional lives. No matter your major, you’ll develop emotional intelligence, ethics, and practical skills that’ll help you become a better person and stand out in the workforce. Our graduation rate is among the highest in the South, and JBU graduates earn a higher average salary than graduates from any other Arkansas university (CNBC, 2017).
Northwest Arkansas is a great place to be
Northwest Arkansas is host to several Fortune 500 companies, world-class art, an active outdoor culture,and the #5 “Best Place to Live” inthe country (U.S. News & World Report, 2018). JBU has a truly beautiful campus in Siloam Springs, Arkansas—a great location in the middle of the United States with an excellent airport just 25 minutes away. Northwest Arkansas is one of the best places in the country to start a career right now, and our students and graduates have tremendous opportunities here.