I realize that today’s student is often over-committed and extra busy. With that, I must caution students to carefully consider what they include in their application materials. Some more common (and easily avoidable mistakes) include:
- Spelling and grammatical errors in the application or essay
- Listing the wrong college in the materials or on the envelope
- Overestimating self-reported grades and test scores
- Having you parent or guardian fill out the application or write your essay
- Forgetting to sign the application or pertinent accompanying statements and document
In short, you need to pay attention, be honest, do it yourself, and make sure you have all your materials!
Have more burning questions for our experts? Send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll find an expert to answer them!