Type of School: Wooster is a nationally ranked, independent, highly selective, residential liberal arts and sciences institution.
Size of Campus: 240 acres, including three libraries, 16 residence halls, a golf course, a new state-of-the-art life sciences building, and APEX (a renowned center for academic, internship, and career advising)
Number of Students: 2,000 full-time students; 53% women, 47% men; 22% US multi-ethnic students; 16% international (making Wooster 19th in the nation and first in Ohio for the most international students)
Number of Faculty: 173 full-time faculty members for an 11:1 student-faculty ratio and average class size of 18 students; 96% of faculty holding a PhD or the highest degree in their field
Colleges, Programs, and Degrees: Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Music, and Bachelor of Music Education; over 50 programs of study with opportunities to double-major; pre-professional programs that lead to degrees in Architecture, Business, Engineering, Law, Medicine, and other health professions; every Wooster student completes at least one major research project with a professor; 95% of students are employed or in graduate school within six months of graduation.
Geographic Diversity: Our spirited students represent 61 countries and 45 states; 28% are from Ohio.
International Student Services: Office of International Student Affairs, International Student Orientation, International Education Week, Intercultural Partner Program, Ambassadors Educational Program, host family program, Writing Center and ESL tutoring, summer English Engagement Seminar, and the Center for Diversity and Inclusion
International Student Budget: (2019–2020)
Room and Board: $12,250
Books and Insurance: $2,500
Financial Aid: Financial aid and scholarships for international students are based on academic achievement and financial need. The Certification of Finances form is required with the application for admission. Students applying for financial aid must also submit the International Student Financial Aid Application.
Test Score Requirements: Wooster is text flexible. Choose from the following options:
• Submit scores from the ACT, SAT, TOEFL, IELTS, PTE Academic, or Duolingo. Students may prove their English proficiency by scoring a minimum of 80 on the web-based TOEFL (iBT), a 6 on the IELTS, a 24 in Reading on the ACT, or a 570 in EBRW on the SAT.
• Request a test waiver and submit either IB-predicted grades or three AP exam scores.
Application Deadlines and Fees:
• Early Decision I: November 1
• Early Action: November 15
• Early Decision II: January 15
• Regular Decision: February 15
• There is no application fee with the Common App or the Coalition Application (commonapp.org or mycoalition.org).